Sleep Problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gareth2, May 13, 2003.

1. gareth2

gareth2 New Member

I have recently been diagnosed with FMS after experiencing the common symptoms for about 18 months ( muscle pain,brain fog, twitching,loss of balance,anxiety etc,poor sleep) .

It was such a relief to finally have a word to associate with my condition. And its great to find this web site with so many helpful people.

What I have noticed that causes my condition to flare up is mostly sleep and diet. The last two weeks for example I have woken up 2-3 times per night , every night and my symptoms came back. Its a little frustrating too .. you wake up for no reason at all and think "damn it".

I was wondering if anyone has experienced simialr sleep problems ... and if anyone house found a drug free way to assist them in gaining quality "Wake up in the night free" sleep ?

Cheers,

Gareth
  2. selma

selma New Member

cammomile tea & I cant remember the other. Could be ZMA or melatonin. Only need I think .6gm of it to work I've devided it in four. Now I take ambien & flexeril & zma
    Hope you can find combo for you.
  3. dsames

dsames New Member

Yes, I sure have had a flare up with fibro when I don't sleep well. It's kind of a vicious circle, I understand that your cells repair themselves while you are in the deep sleep stage, so obviously if it we don't reach that stage, the cells won't repair themselves.

One thing that has helped me is Magnesium Malate, I take two in the morning and two at bedtime along with an elavil tab. It really helps me sleep all nite.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board who will be able to offer other good information.

Hope you can find something that works for you.

Shirley
  4. jka

jka New Member

i take 150 mg of trazodone and 2 mg ofalprazolam.i have also found soaking in a warm tub with epson salt,(3 cups)peroxide(3cups),just before bed helps the pain and puts me right to sleep.it helps de-tox your body and really wipes you out.

kathy c
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Since the sleep study I have trouble staying awake long enough to get the nasal canula in place and secured! I am on a C-Pak at night due to severe sleep apnea which I did not know I had and also came down with narcolepsy (sp); I already had EDS (excessive daytime sleepiness) and was on meds for that. I know the med will have to probably need to be increased as I have to pull off the road and either eat and get my bearings or I sleep! Yes, I carry info with directions to anyone who may find me appearing unconscious! Lil'
  6. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

DO epsom and peroxide soaks really help?? Another thing to try tonight along with the trazadone...Thanks!! BraidieBunch
  7. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Yes,

I take a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc Tablet at bedtime and it does help

Also, I went on a no yeast (bread) and low sugar diet and this has really helped me to sleep better - I know this is true because I tried it b4 and noticed a difference in my sleep

[ advertisement ]