Sleep problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pimsers, Jun 10, 2003.

1. pimsers

pimsers New Member

Hello Everyone! I am new here. I am wondering if anyone else has the following sleep problems with fibro:

1. Waking up chocking or unable to breathe and in a panic.

2. Jumping awake due to chest "lurching" or arms and legs jumping. It feels like chest is "caving in"

I am wondering if anyone knows the best mattresses for fibro: normal, air, that foam stuff, etc?

Thanks for any help.
  2. JQP

JQP New Member

Your post has reminded me that I had the first one for a very long time. Used to scare the hell out of me, felt like I had swallowed chewing gum and was choking. Would sit bolt upright gasping from breath.

But haven't had it for a period, and am now wondering if it was a side effect of Amitriptyline which I took myself off 2/3 month ago because was hallucinating on it!

Don't get the lurching chest, but the limbs certainly move a lot, my poor long suffering partner tells me so! In fact my sleep probs are now affecting him quite badly.

There's a new post about mattresses and which ones that started yesterday.

Hope you find sweet dreams soon

Jacqui
    Jacqui
  3. JQP

JQP New Member

Your post has reminded me that I had the first one for a very long time. Used to scare the hell out of me, felt like I had swallowed chewing gum and was choking. Would sit bolt upright gasping from breath.

But haven't had it for a period, and am now wondering if it was a side effect of Amitriptyline which I took myself off 2/3 month ago because was hallucinating on it!

Don't get the lurching chest, but the limbs certainly move a lot, my poor long suffering partner tells me so! In fact my sleep probs are now affecting him quite badly.

There's a new post about mattresses and which ones that started yesterday.

Hope you find sweet dreams soon

Jacqui
    Jacqui