SLEEP PROLEMS RESTORIL??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jun 2, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have suffered with insomnia for months. Even with Ambien I have a difficult time.

My doctor gave me four different sleeping pills to try and I found Restoril really helps the best so far.

I don't want to take it forever but I am hoping it continues to help.

Is anyone else here on Restoril and what is your opinion?

Thanks
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I love it. I take the generic, Temazapam, 15 mgs. I rarely have trouble getting to sleep, just staying there so I don't take it when I turn off the light but when I wake up as I always do around midnight. For me the 15 mgs is just enough to let me sleep the rest of the night.

I've taken it for two years without any odd effects or having it stop working for me like Ambien did. It's also an older drug so, with the generic, it's very reasonably priced. I think it also comes in 25 mgs. but I always go for the smaller doses of things.

Good luck with it.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2006]
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am also on Ambien, but only allowed 20 pills a month.

It puts me to sleep fast but I wake up 3 or 4 times a night.

Have you tried a sleep study for Sleep Apnea?

I am going for consult this month for one. My Dr. told me it will make a world of diffrence if they find you need CPAP.

When I go to the consult I am going to mention Restoril and see what the Dr. has to say about it and if he thinks it would be better than Ambien, and if prescribed how long do you have to stay on it. Ill let you know.

Thanks,
    God Bless,
    cindy
  4. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

Have you tried the website AskAPatient .com?

I just typed in Restoril and there are some testomonies on it from others that take it.

Thanks,
    cin
  5. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

15 mg. I slept OK @ 1st, fell asleep quickly, then started waking up several x a night, & couldn't get back to sleep. Then I had constant problems with hangover effect. It would take me till noon to wake up, even if I took it early in the evening, around 7pm. (I stay awake till midnight or later). I've been on tons of sleep meds. Now I'm on Klonopin. My thing is that something will work great for a while, then stops, & I have to find something else. I'm running out of options, because I've literally been on everything! Lunesta will be the next thing I'll try, but my insurance is very picky, & wants practically every new med prior authorized on me. I probably need a sleep study done, because this has been going on for over 20 years. Even with sleep meds, I wake very easy, & cannot get back to sleep. I sleep w/ a fan on for noise, & there are several x a week where I will be awake ALL night. It's getting old. I hope it works better for you! Good luck
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Like lv2sing I do better on Klonopin. I was on Restoril a while, then the same thing happened to me, it became ineffective so the doctor put me on Klonopin which I love. I fall asleep very easily and stay asleep most of the night, and there's no hangover the next day. My moods are a lot better too and I have more energy during the day.

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2006]
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks everyone. So far I love Restoril but if it stops working I will check on Klonopin.

I don't care, I need my sleep and will definitely continue to take something.

I like Restoril better than Ambien because it also addresses anxiety. I am anxious so it makes me feel better the next day.

8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

PVLady:

My doctor and I discussed the use of Restoril, but we settled on Sonata and Elavil and Klonopin. It seems to keep me asleep until three in the morning, when I wake up and have to go take a pain pill to catch a few more zzzzzz's.

We agreed that if that should not work, I would go on Restoril. I am glad people have found it working so well.

nyrofan