Sleep study and Sleep Apnea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shananegans, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I finally got in to see a Neurologist the other day... Mostly for my migraines this time. He asked all the migraine questioned and then he asked how my sleeping was. I told him I don't usually sleep at night and when I do finally fall asleep, usually at around 6 am... I sleep til 2-4 pm... very annoying... and atleast one or two days out of the week, I don't sleep at all.

Now to my point... He asked if I snore... I said a little, sometimes. He asked if I stop breathing while sleeping... I said yes, sometimes and sometimes I wake up gasping for air. So needless to say, I will be going to a sleep study at the end of October. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens. If I do infact have sleep apnea... it could also be the cause of all of my aches and pains and muscles spasms and tension... but we shall find out.

Wouldn't it be nice to find out I could have avoided five years of this if someone would have just payed attention? I think so.

Just wanted to share.

Soft hugs,
    Shananegans
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I'm a believer in sleep studies as that's how they found my alpha intrusion which then got me on Xyrem. I've been so much better since my sleep study.

If you have sleep apnea (and it sounds like you do), they will be able to help you get the sleep you need.

Please, yes, keep us posted.

abbylee