Sleep study on Sunday...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by liberty143, Jun 17, 2008.

1. liberty143

liberty143 New Member

My latest test...
    a sleep study.
    This doctor spent an hour with me and wasn't sure if I will have sleep apnea. Thinks I might have restless legs. But, it is not like my legs jerk on their own it is that the pressure points that rest on my mattress (Temperpedic) hurt and I can't help but move my legs to try and get more comfortable.
    I have been able to wean from Ativan 4 mg to 2 mg at night. On Cymbalta 60 mg (REALLY ache if I try to go to 30 mg, Guaifenesin, Lexapro and Benadryl. Tylenol # 3 if I really hurt but I only get 30 a year so I use it sparingly.
    He suggested Lyrica. too. ????
    He talked about my anxiety contributing to my inablity to nap AT ALL/EVER or sleep with out meds. I know I'm issues for a long time. Hyperalert. That's why I think the Ativan works better than all the "sleep" meds they tried.
    Oh well, I will pack my 6 pillows, my microwave beanie, my Afrin and head on out!
  2. terrisews

terrisews New Member

Good luck with the sleep test. I hate that you are having to take it but I know that you will be interestied in the results. As far as taking Lyrica, I've heard that it works for some people and not for others. I'm in the group of fortunate people with whom Lyrica works. I started seeing results the day after I started using it. The brain fog - that I didn't even know that I had - simply disappeared and now I can put 2 coherant sentances together and soon I may even be able to move into whole conversations!

Terri in TN
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

Have you gotten your cortisol tested?

Way back when I was declining in to CFS, I had that can't-shut-my-brain-off thing. A saliva test for cortisol showed that I was over-producing, especially in the evening (when it was supposed to be lowest). The naturopath I was working with put me on Seriphos, and I slowly ramped up to 12 capsules a day. That seemed to help quite a bit.