Sleep study tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Apr 3, 2007.

1. namow

namow New Member

I'm having a sleep study tomorrow and I don't understand why they want me to be there at 8 pm, is not like I'm going to sleep that early, I usually go to sleep around midnight.

What can I expect?

How many of you that had a study done didn't think you had any kind of a problem and did find out you did after the study?
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

The worst part for me was getting to sleep in a strange place/bed. It doesn't hurt at all. Just don't go expecting to get sleep ... lol. She kept waking me up!!! I Could not go back to sleep then and I had to just lay there. At home I would get up and do what I wanted. The goop in the hair was rough for me. I got most of it out and then they did it again :-( ... but I couldn't stand that crap in my hair all day. I did not get the results immediately. The technician did say I had lots of incidents. Then the nurse called me the next day and said my apnea was "significant" and they were putting in a rush order for my cpap!!! It was about 3 weeks later that the DR went over my results. I had had 52 episodes in one hour! That was right after I had finally gone to sleep. I guess that is what they meant by "significant".

Good luck
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I have had two or three sleep studies done, and they were like the descriptions in the other replies to your post. I knew I was having mild seizures in my sleep, but the sleep studies were done to see how severe they were and if I needed medication adjustments.

Even though it was a strange place, I went to sleep without too much trouble. I was hoping the seizure acvtivity would be zero, and was surprised to find out I was still having them. It was not a difficult thing for me.

I wish you well!

Debbie
  4. namow

namow New Member

and the advice!

I'm taking my klonopin, not that is helping that much lately but at least I can take it.
    I'll let you know how it goes.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!