Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Jul 2, 2008.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Has anyone ever had relentless unrefreshing sleep, then after using an appropriate sleep med found that suddenly they woke up refreshed and with less symptoms?

I have little to no stage 3 or 4 sleep. I know unrefreshed sleep is one of the many signs of cfs. I wake up more drowsy and sluggish than i do before going to bed. I think I sleep...I just dont feel like it.

Soo....Im wondering if a certain sleep med out there actually provides better quality sleep that is good enough for me to NOTICE a difference the next day and will help a bit.

2. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Like you, I have little to no stage 3 or 4 sleep either. The sleep doctors was perplexed. I did both a night time and a daytime sleep study. This was a few years ago, and maybe doctors know more now, but then they didn't have a clue. Provigil helped me stay awake during the day, but it's very expensive. I may have to go back to it though.

As for sleeping pills, Ambien did get me to sleep, but I kept waking up. So, now I take Lunesta. I think I can tell a little difference the next day. I wonder how much of that is true, or whether it's just a plaecbo effect. I don't know. I now am back to drinking caffine and am very tired all the time. If my husband didn't bring me coffee in bed each morning, I'd probably never be able to get up. More and more caffine has crept into my mornings to feel halfway awake and alert. After 12 or 1 pm is when I have to stop drinking caffine or I'd never get to sleep at night. Sound familiar?
  3. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply.
    Just wanted to get input so I dont have to experiment as much (chemical sensitivity). As much as I need caffine I have a hard time with that because it heightens my anxiety/adrenaline feeling that I often have.

Thx for your input :)

PITATOO Member

Now naps can be refreshing if not too long. I take remeron for sleep and wake up feeling really sluggish. It is real tough some times. In my business I travel and try to squeeze 40 billable hours in 3 1/2 days. So the first night I am away from home is awful. Then the first night at home is awful. I have tried just about every sleep med out there. I still wake up unrefreshed and hurting and sick, I push on and the feeling goes away for a few hours of work but then I crash. Tough in my business where I have to be alert all the time. I am a computer contractor and am expected to be on my best every moment cause they are paying big bucks for me. My best gigs are when I can work remote and wake up at my own pace, nap, work some more etc. But then I feel like I am working 7 days a week. Trying to find a balance. I have saved enough money to take the rest of the year off. I want to travel but am afraid. Afraid I won't be able to enjoy myself. I am thinking of just renting a condo for a month or two in northern Mich to just do nothing. But then I also have a book deal deadline.....Sorry I can help, I am venting more than you. Tryptophan is back on the market. I have not tried it yet but will and will post to let everyone know. GRRRRRRR...
  5. msnova74

msnova74 New Member

For me the combination of

2 25mg visteril
    1 12.5mg ambien cr
    2 4mg zanaflex

It doesn't always work, but more often than not it works. For me 6 hrs is beautiful b/c I am lucky to get 1-2 w/o meds.

6. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Because my bladder wakes me up. Even when I take the sleep meds, I just wake up groggy. Klonopin helped a bit but it left me feeling too hungover and I have to work too. I just go to bed at 7:00pm and get as many two hour stretches as I can in before 7:00 am. I never feel refreshed.