1. otrcollectors

otrcollectors Member

I am taking sleeping pills. Why won't they work? Does fibromyalgia work against the sleeping pill?
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I think most if not all of us have sleeping troubles and we have to keep trying different products to see what works best. Also, I've read from several knowledgeable FM doctors that you have to rotate them.

Personally I've tried ambien and it basically stopped working for me but I hated the drugged feeling afterwards. I take tylenol PM every so often and will get about 6 to 8 hrs. undisturbed the first night but the 2nd not so much.

I now take peaceful nights from Prohealth most nights. And every so often add a sublingual melatonin.

Good luck
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I worked long and hard to use natural helpers and found what works for me a few years ago...I'll tell you what it is:

7PM, I take 1/4 to 1/2mg Melatonin
    500mg Lemon Balm
    500mg Inositol or Inositol/Choline combo

9PM, 500mg Lemon Balm again

I sometimes throw in some GABA, I have all this stuff
    in my stash and use it. Works for me.

When I'm climbing into bed I take 1 Calms Forte'(homeopathic).....this is 10:30 to 11PM

You can try all or some of this protocol.

Some times when I wake up during the wee hours, and can't get back to sleep, I take another Calms Forte' and I'm off again.

Now that I'm on Anatabloc for chronic inflammation I find I'm even sleeping better most nights.....
  4. gb66

gb66 Active Member

I've found that antihistamines work well for me. I take Benadryl or Waldryl an hour before bed and it helps me go to sleep. Sometimes I take a small amount later on (after 4 hours) if I wake up and have to take something for pain.

I use the children's melt away tablets. That way I can regulate the dosage. GB66
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

and I do adjust the dosage at times too. I certainly like it better than Lynsetta.