Sleeping A Lot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monica33flowers, Jan 19, 2009.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I was wondering if anyone has this same problem? When I'm having lots of fibro pain or migraines I sleep around 18 hours a day. Yesterday I slept 15 hours. Is this the way my body is just shutting down because of the extra pain?

With the fibro I do have days where I can't sleep and then I just roam around at night or go thru my magazines. It really helps me to read before I go to sleep. But I just don't understand why I can sleep 18 hours.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have CFS/ME (whatever it's being called today!) and FM, and the former is worse, except for occasional flare-ups. But as far as sleeping goes, I have some days when I can also do 18 hours -- mostly in big chunks. It's like I just can't keep my eyes open, and I'll just drift off again, wherever I am.

My husband is frustrated for me. There are also nights when I wander around the house until about 2 in the morning. Then there are nights where I'm in bed by 7:30 and will sleep until 2 the next afternoon, get up and eat, and go back to bed.

I've got no answers for you, except to remind you that you're not alone.