sleeping ALL the time????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loops1988, Jul 28, 2006.

1. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

i am sleeping for about 4 hours during the day nearly everyday (if i keep busy i dont sleep but i am exhusted and easy fall asleep as soon as i sit down) I am then sleeping from about 11pm untill 8am and still waking up tired.

I have been diagnosed with FMS, Restless leg and IBS. I have heard that the only diffrence with FMS and ME(CFS)is more sleep. When i was diagnosed with FMS I had sleep problems but only at night i wasnt sleeping this much and always tired.

Can anyone tell me if it sounds like i have ME?

I am also in soooo much pain and nothing is working (accupunture, physio, pills, herbal and natural tablets etc...) If anyone can tell me what i can get in the UK for pain and sleep i will be grateful - even prescribed medicnes i can ask my GP for.

Louise
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

When I was first diagnosed with FM, I was tired all the time, but not sleepy the way I am now. It's only been the last year or so that I feel the way you do. If I sit down I'll fall a sleep and most often I can't help but sit down and sleep because the sleepiness overwhelms me.

I've been wondering if I have ME on top of FMS because the fatigue, exhaustion, sleepiness is just horrible. Then again it could be caused by any number of things. I use lots of medication (for pain, for nausea and several (seemingly) unrelated health conditions, so the over-sleeping may be a side-effect. Who knows?

I'm not sure I can help you with recommendations for meds in the UK because I'm in Canada, though I will tell you I use dilaudid and methadone - not sure if those meds are available in UK - they help ease my pain.

I hope your doctor prescribes some effective pain-killers and finds out the reason for your over-sleeping.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I was sleeping everytime I would sit and get still. Then, had complete bloodwork done and Dr. found out I was anemic. I suppose that was causing mme to fall asleep so easy; also especially after eating.

Hope things get better for you,
    BlueSky555
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I spend most of my time in bed lately. I've never felt this fatigued in my 10 years of having this illness. I have FMS and CFIDS or ME. I have so much pain and I'm trying to switch meds and stop taking narcotic pain relief mainly because I've switch doctors and new doc does not believe in narcotics for FMS. So, I'm having a really rough time now.

I can relate to you. I am so tired all the time.

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  5. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

Might be dumb question, but what is "ME"?
  6. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

ME is just another name for CFS - Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

I am not on any meds now apart from general pain killers because nothing else has ever worked so i dont think this could be the reason i am soo tired.

I want to ask my doctor if he thinks i have ME as well as FMS but i dont want him thinking i am being a hypercondreact.
    I really feel like i have to sleep at about 2pm and as soon as i sit down i am asleep so i supose it is like a nesessety for me. I havnt slept as yet today but i have a pounding headache (this is what always happens if i dont sleep in the afternoon)

Louise
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm in California so I don't know much about British med-
    icine. However, I also have CF and also sleep with unre-
    freshing results up to 12 or 14 hours a day!! I've been
    exhausted all day although I think I am able to reach a
    deep sleep.

I'm 4th Gen. Amer. but of Irish and French background. Be
    aware that there is a Northern European genetic disorder
    that envolves "ironoverload". This condition is most prevalent among the Celts. A simple blood test can deter-
    mine if you have ironoverload and a gentic test is also
    available. Many of the symptoms are very similar to CFS
    and is worth ruling out as a possible cause of your con-
    dition. See for info. (www.americanhs.org)

Hope you find improvement soon,
    MRDAD

[ advertisement ]