SLEEPING IN RECLINER...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Mar 16, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I would like to know if anyone else, besides me, feels a little more relief the next morning sleeping, on and off, in a recliner rather than a bed? I have several health problems but this one is in regards to back pain and stiffness. I have had anterior cervical fusions, lower back problems, and annular tear, around L/4, L/5. When I sleep in the recliner, sitting up, I wake up about every 2-3 hours, sometimes watch TV, even eat, then dose back to sleep. The next morning, I don't feel as stiff as when I lay down in the bed and sleep most of the night. When I do, I am sooooooo stiff and in so much pain the next morning, I have gotten to the point of dreading when it's time to go to bed. Needless to say, I don't sleep as well in the recliner however, the pain is still there, just not as bad. Does anyone else experience this and does anyone have a solution? I've been doing this a long time now and I know that I'm not resting good but I do what I must do to alleviate as much of the pain as possible. Would appreciate any input. Thank You!!!
  2. caperkat

caperkat New Member

Yes, BlueSky, the recliner offers that elevation that I think is very helpful, and is sometimes more comfortable, especially is there is an acid reflux or digestive issue going on. I love your "555" on your name (my fav number!) Our recliner is a loveseat, so I can go from laying back to stretching out across it (if the kitties aren't already there).

kat
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you so much for your input. Also, for the compliment on the "555". It would be nice to have a recliner/love seat. I don't have one but it would be something to think about in the future.

BlueSky555
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Are helped. I think you have to be a bit careful for some reason I cannot recall. Whatever works for you honey.

Love Anne C
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am recently on Klonopin and so not been having much sleep problems lately however, I do find the recliner more comfortable than bed. my mattress is like a brick. keep saying going to buy a Cuddle Ewe but havent done it yet.

I have FM and Crohn's (in my joints as well as the bowel) so when I am flaring with muscle pain AND joint pain I am in agony and the recliner is the only thing that help.

It is one of those huge La-Z-Boy's that belonged to my dad.

Michelle