Sleeping problems, Joint Pain and Estrogen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fairydust39, Aug 23, 2005.

1. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I have been using new "Menostar Estrogen" patches! They are the lowest dose Estrogen available.I didn't realize how much they were helping my joint pain and sleeping,until I forgot to get them at the drugstore. So I was 3 days without the patch. My Hubby went to the drugstore for me and I will be glad to get them. I was sooo glad to find something besides the Nsaids and the Fosamx b/c they don't seem to help me at all. Any way if you are in Menopause it would be good to get some. No breakthough bleeding! I love them and with the very small dose they do not require Progesterone at all and are safe to use. I'm very glad that I found them.Hope this helps someone else out there.
    Shirley
  2. nina2

nina2 New Member

I had a forced menopause (hysterectomy) about 13 years ago.

The patch was very effective for me too. I remember an improvement in my skin , hair and nails as well.

I do remember sleeping like a baby while on it and an overall good feeling.

Glad to hear that you are benefiting from this and it has lessened your pain.
    ~nina~
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

It is called "Menostar patches" .It's bio-idenical estrogen,and in such a small dose you don't need progesterone only once a year.It has helped me so much. I sleep a lot better and not as much joint and bone pain! Do a search on google and type in Menostar and you can read all about it. It is very new and just came out. I had breakthough bleeding with all the other estrogen patches or pills.
    Hugs Shirley
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]
  4. Mother_Margaret

Mother_Margaret New Member

One lady who I suspect had several strong exposures to 2-butoxyethanol in her lifetime ... said that the horrible headaches that went with ... stopped when she went through menopause.

So, I suspect that this chemical alters many hormone levels: too high; too low, but many would be 'off'

As far as estrogen, etc. isn't that something that is no longer, in general, advised as being necessary?
  5. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Yes Estrogen has been said to cause cancer but "Menostar" patches is such a low dose that you needn't even take Progesterone,only once a year. This is a bio-idenical estrogen that is considered safe!This is the lowest dose estrogen on the market today and just approved by the FDA.
    You can do research on it by typing Menostar in google search engine.As for Nsaids, they really hurt me and cause other problems and Actonel and Fosomax don't help me and cause other side effects. So any drugs that you take has risk with it, no matter what it is!! This helps with sleep which I have had trouble with for years and bone and joint pain for many years! So I will use the patches and see what happens.
    Shirley