Sleeping problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen128, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Jen128

Jen128 New Member

I was wondering if anyone else have these same problems. My boyfriend would sleep for over 11 hours, if not more, but yet don't feel refreshed. Then there are other times where he would wake up every few hours and then go back to sleep. Then there are times where he would be wide awake, even though his body is tired. What should he do that will help him? He did have a talk with his Dr. but he was no help. His Dr. basically repeats the same things that we already know like cut down on stress and eat a healthy diet. He won't prescribe him anything to help him. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Tell your boyfriend to ask his doctor to refer him for a sleep study. If there's a problem, they will find it and treat it accordingly.

abbylee
  3. Jen128

Jen128 New Member

I will tell him that. Thank you. I'm not too fond with his Dr. right now :( Honestly, I'm actually a little bad at him. My bf got UTI the other week and his Dr. prescribed him with the wrong antibiotic. He got a call yesterday from his Dr. saying oops, sorry, but your new prescrip. is here for a pickup.

I also wanted his Dr. to refer him to an acupunturist. Well, apparently Kaiser in San Jose doesn't have one?!? He would have to drive 30 min. to an acupunturist if he really wanted one. And you know, people with CFS, driving 30 min. is a real chore.
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

That's too bad about the acupuncture. My doctor was with Kaiser when I met him in 1990 and he was the acupuncture doc there. Not officially, but he did it on his afternoons off at the Kaiser bldg and I went once a week for 2 hours for a year.

It helps, but since the whole body has fms, once he got one area feeling better another would flare up. We finally gave up.

abbylee