SLEEPING TOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Mar 3, 2007.

1. darude

darude New Member

When I started with this DD I had insomnia now it has changed to barely being able to stay awake. Anyone else?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2007]
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Nope!

However, sleep at inapprotriate times.

Fondly, June
  3. darude

darude New Member

I sure hope you are right as it also seems like the body is shutting down!!!!!!
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Darude,

Are you referring to a sense of overwhelming urge to sleep???

I used to "drop dead sleep" on the spot.

Is that what you are saying?

June
  5. darude

darude New Member

Yes!!!! No energy at all feel as tho if I don't lay down will fall down!!!!!!!
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Darude

That used to happend to me a LOT! Drop "almost Dead" on the spot.

(This was many, many years ago) It happended driving one day, me at the wheel, I heard my son's voice say, "Mom, you are driving in the breakdown lane" and his voice woke me up. I had three of my children in the car and was driving on an interstate highway.

Another incident. we were moving into our home and an overwhelming urge to sleep overcame me, I was in the living room with items I was carrying in..... I just gently lowered myself on the floor and fell asleep......

Now the not-so-funny-thing was...... my husband had come in..... saw me in this odd position on the floor and ..... went on his way.....

When I "woke up", my muscles were a mess because I was not in a comfortable natural sleeping position....

I did question him "did you check for a pulse"

One of the factors that did contribute to this was ALLERGIES.

Is this what is happening to you???

Love, June
  7. sleep what is it? I am so exhausted but cannot sleep anymore. It is irritating.
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

I am not only sleeping too much (12 hours or more!!!), but I also have my days and nights mixed up!

I go to bed aroun 2 a.m. and don't get up until somewhere between 1 - 3:00 pm.

I can't get anything done with this schedule!

I'm barely awake and had my "morning" coffee when my husband comes home from work!

Then it's time for his supper -- he goes to bed at 7:00 pm!!

This schedule isn't much of a life!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet (1:45 a.m.)
  9. darude

darude New Member

Your schedule sounds like mone 3-07am here
  10. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Firstly I can't sleep, then I sleep most of the day for weeks on end, now I go to bed around midnight, I usually sleep till between 7am-11am but lately I get up around 5 times a night, I am going to sleep on the toilet, I am going to sleep at the computer and wake up in awful pain because of the position I am in.

I am useless through the day, can't get anything done, I feel like I am in robo mode, do things and eat because you have to etc.

I have really had this, it's so god damn frustrating.

Take care cycie
  11. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I go through phases: I either sleep 16-18 hours a day or can't get a decent nap or night's sleep. These phases last weeks or months.

Unfortunately right now I'm in the latter phase. I always fall asleep fine but then wake up 2-4 hours later and then never really get back to sleep.

Shar
  12. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

My sleep schedule had been getting somewhat normal/decent within the past few weeks...fall asleep around 1, wake up around 9...it worked. Now I am back to sleeping during the day and not going to bed until 3 or later.

I told my mum this last night and she was like oh well we'll have to fix that again.

When can I get her to understand it's not something that can easily be FIXED? I try to go to bed early but I just end up staring at the ceiling for 2-3 hours or putting in a movie. If I wake up before my body is ready to I'm in a ton of pain.

I'm always sleepy tho...usually when there's not a bed around so I can't go to sleep. Then once I come home to my bed I'm not sleepy.

13. revlcb

revlcb New Member

When this DD began 3 years ago I was lucky to get 2 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. I was exhausted but unable to sleep.

Over the past few years my sleep cycle has gradually changed to wanting to sleep all day. I'll get up in the morning, take a shower, get dressed and want to get back into bed.

At times I wonder if we could also be dx with CFS on top of the FMS.