Sleepless and Jobless In Nh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annetteg1969, Aug 2, 2003.

1. annetteg1969

annetteg1969 New Member

I need some advice quick I was diagnosed with Fibromylgia 2 months ago I've had it for at least 6 years .I have a great family but I'm depressed most of the time and I cry all the time I quit my job yesterday because my boss was a jerk to me. I'm so messed up I hurt all the time,I can't sleep and I can't even hold a job anymore.Anyone have any advice I'm at my wits end Annette
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

We just don't know who has it!LOL Annette,Are you currently taking medication? What type of treatment plan is your DR working w/you? It is a VERY frustrating syndrom.I'm sorry to hear you had such an idiot boss,there R lots like that! :) Have you had any Tea,like Camomile, or hot bath? those help me somedays :).I am learning how to adjust my life to live a bit more with comfort too. When you share a bit more of how you R being Treated by DR ,many people will be able to offer guidence,they R GREAT here for that! {{{{HIGS}}}} Peace,lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2003]
  3. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

First things first, you need to take some deep cleansing breaths. Next, you need to make a list of everything you need to do to get to a better place. Once you have it all down in front of you, you can take it one at a time and work at making yourself better. Having the right doctor, the right medications, and the right support is EXTREMELY important! This board is great if you want to vent everything out or have any specific questions about just about ANYTHING. Let us know what you need, and we will do all we can to help! Things will get better, I PROMISE!!!!

Big Hugs,
    Kathryn
  4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

If you qualify, apply for SSDI (I think you have to have worked 5 of the last 10 years, but it doesn't have to be consecutive). If you don't qualify for that, apply for SSI.

There's info under the Disability tab near the top of the screen, and look at Social Security's web page. To apply, just call Social Security.
  5. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

Sleeping is one of our most pressing problems. There are several remedies that people here use. On advice from this board I've started taking magnesium, with food, just before going to bed. It gives me uninterrupted sleep for 6 to 8 hours (depending on if I'm awakened by something like the phone). Of course, I also take Paxil for depression, again at night to help me sleep. But it hadn't been working very well until I added the magnesium (I "take it straight", nothing else added).

As for your job - you don't say what you do - get some rest and then look for another one, something that you can handle better, even if it means a total change, or part time.

Where are you in New Hampshire (you haven't filled out your profile. . .)? My brother lives in Lyme.

JoAnn
  6. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Annette: Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I've got the same problem in New Mexico. I have probably had fibro most of my life (at least since 1982), but nobody ever really diagnosed it until last January. I've always been able to "cope" with the individual symptoms until last year when I got a horrendous eye infection and everythings gone down hill since - vertigo (can't drive sometimes), can't process thoughts (still can't land a job), and I just CAN'T SLEEP!!!! I just got thru posting a a topic on not sleeping and am waiting for responses. My suggestion - allow yourself to WORRY for just a little bit, and then like suggested, make a plan. Since I'm not sure about your meds, docs, history, it's hard to say much more. This board has been wonderful for me when I'm in my "WORRYING" mode and I am now. It really helps to communicate with people who don't think you're "faking it". Good luck and keep us posted. FYI: you can always do a "search" on any topics (disability, sleeping, etc.) through this board. There's tons of information and suggestions.
  7. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Bumping,peace, eZ