sleeplessness a constant or sporadic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Nov 20, 2005.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

in the past month i've noticed a dramatic change in my sleep patterns. it used to be i could sleep through a brass band marching thru my bedroom. for years it's been like that for the most part.

i've had fibro symptoms for years but wasn't diagnosed until this past summer. knew i had it; just pursued the diagnosis on paper i guess so that i didn't continue to do guesswork.

i take tramadol (don't really think it helps me much and plan to ask dr to try something else) and lexapro and iron supplements. that's really it. so now i believe i need to add yet another symptom to my list.

let's just hope that it's a fluke...but a month-long one is a bit of a stretch. what do you think? i truly don't want to take any other pills for any other reasons. don't even know what works, what does not if i did want to!

so i go to work for 8 hours today where i must be consistently on my toes (at my desk). ugh. ugh. so tired. and my upper arms flared up last night to boot!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

for over 20 years now and I've tried most meds.

I started Melatonin 3mg, ZMA (from Prohealth) and a half strong painkiller and sleep better. Not right through and last night I was awake til 5am but I have been having a better result lately.

love
    Rosie
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Kim,

My main problem is up every 2 hours to go pee. It is such a pain. Then ofcourse, there are the nights that I am in pain and wake up from that, usually can not get back to sleep if that happens though

Best Wishes
    kgangel
  4. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

yes, once a flare up/episode has begun, forget the sleep. it's mental torture as well as dealing with the physical. i think i'll give this another month's worth of observation before i try anything for sleeping.

are there a lot of you out there taking meds for sleep in general? or is it used for really tough nights?