Sleepy week-ends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fotobug, Sep 12, 2005.

1. fotobug

fotobug New Member

It seems I just "fall apart" on Saturdays and Sundays.
    I have no energy at all--plus no appetite.
    Anyone have an idea on how to energize a weekend?
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I see your new to the board so I wanted to welcome you aboard...

I really have no suggestions on how to energize your weekends...have trouble with that myself 7 days a week...But this will be bumped so maybe some one will give some suggestions...

I am trying to add more Vitamins now for energy..taking B-12 shot monthly...plus other extra B's also Bitoin...not seeing any huge energy burst yet..

Hope you gain more energy...

Welcome Aboard
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  3. fotobug

fotobug New Member

Thanks for the reply---I guess this is just part of the "big picture" Hugs back
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

I'm supposed to work half-time...seven hours each on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This past week I worked Friday as well, and by the time I got home, I was so beat.

I slept about 15 hours on Saturday. I slept late on Sunday and went to bed early that evening. Today (Monday), I took two naps -- one four hours in the morning, another one and a half hours in the afternoon.

So I guess the only thing I could come up with for you would be to rest all week so that you were ready for the weekend!
  5. fotobug

fotobug New Member

I'll probably do just that!
  6. Meekah

Meekah New Member

I'm the exact same way, so I can't offer much help. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your sleepiness.

I am a full time teacher and I have two kids, ages 4 and 9. Seems like all I do on weekends is sleep, sleep, sleep. Then, of course I feel super guilty for sleeping. It's such a vicious cycle.

I think I'm so tired on the weekends because I know I
    "can" be. All week, I have to go, go, go and then on the weekend I just crash, physically as well as mentally. And, the more I sleep, the more tired I am. Can't win.

Sorry that I'm not of better help.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meeka
  7. fotobug

fotobug New Member

HI Meeka,
    Well I'm up and about--should be,it's 1:45 p.m.
    Saturday my 2 year old gave up and got in the bed with me.
    Speaking of guilt trips----------
    Fotobug
  8. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I give myself "permission" to sleep as much as I can on Saturdays. Without the pressure of having to get up I find most Saturdays I get up at an acceptable time (10-11 a.m.) There are some Saturdays I sleep the majority of the day though and I beleive that if I can sleep that much - without sleeping meds - that my body needs it.

I work full time and have to be at work by 6:30 a.m. so mornings are a struggle for me. When I was first diagnosed I hated that I had so many lost weekends (as I called them) because I slept both days. Now, I wake up naturally on Sundays around 7:30 or 8 a.m. and I am productive all day.

I write Saturdays off as a prescribed medication for my body and my mind. I hate having to do it but if I don't I get sick easily and I am useless at work. I hope my ramble helps a bit. Hang in there....
    Nancy