SLEPT and now feel even worse....HUH??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

I swear, all I did was fall on the bed and sleep for two hours.

I'm up now, weepy, exhausted, pain (please imagine that last word underlined as emphasis) and have no idea what to do.

Even if today wasn't Saturday and dear dr will not be in his office till Monday, I can't just go to him and say "I'm weak, exhausted, have no hope, help me."
    No. He likes specifics and I don't blame him one bit. If I could say "the middle finger on my right hand just fell off, please help me," trust me, I would.

And to think that pre-nap I felt the usual rotten; oh I wish I hadn't had that sleep because what I thought could not get worse has gotten worse.

Dr won't be able to come up with anything that works either; I presume that anyway since all he's been able to do in the (I can't believe it's been this long) somewhere around 3 years I've been seeing him is offer junkmeds, speed, antidepressants, and several things that are made for people who have what I don't have.

He's the last Medicare/MedicAid-accepting dr I can get to... is there any reason to hope for better days?

2. charming

charming New Member

I use to work 7:00am -3:00pm and when I was diagnose with fibro I had to change to nights 11:00pm-7:30am because I would wake up my lower back ,pelvic rib cage and the bottom of my feet would be so stiff and I would be in so much pain .and think to take care of 15 other people in the morning I just could not do it.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2008]
  3. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Thank you very much for the reply!

HOW in the world did you, as you said in your post, "take care of 15 people?"

All I have is myself and 2 cats to take care of, and that's too much.

Now I'm almost afraid to go to bed, because I don't want to feel worse on top of worse on top of rotten already.

I know that sleep is absolutely key to maybe feeling a little better with this d'd; and now I cannot even do THAT?
    There's no justice, that's what there isn't.

4. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i was in bed alll day yesterday and i still feel just as cruddy as when i layed down...
    it is soo miserable.
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Bill and I went back to bed today for a couple hours. Yes, we did not feel better when we got up, in fact Bill talked about going again an hour or so later after he did a few small chores but he didn't.

I know how you feel this is frustrating to say the least.
  6. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Wow can I relate to what you say about not resting, feeling worse after not resting, and thank you for the reply!

It doesn't help, either, that when my eyes opened this morning I had to stay flat so as to get my heart to calm down.
    Not fair one bit but thank goodness that doesn't happen a lot, things are sort of back under as much control as we have over anything and I can, at least, sit here and babble to People Who Understand.

Stressed? ME? Naw, just because my helper said her dr said she has staph and shouldn't go to work.
    Well, maybe. It happens I know the guy and he's one of those who like it when a patient takes no more than two minutes of his time.

I'm a little worried, though. A little over a week ago, she showed me a huge swelling under her left arm, didn't know what it was but was trying to home-treat it and maybe that worked, since I was told the thing had opened and was draining.

So. Should I worry that the knocked flat immune system I carry around might get staph? Helper person has now sprouted 2 smallish lumps under the other arm, and that's when her dr made that pronouncement about staph.

Long post, just to get to here: should I haul my derriere to dr, get a check the blood order, go lab? Gaack just the thought of all that waiting around in dr's office when I don't have an appt so would have to be squeezed in, then do the same at the lab which is several miles away!

It's not amusing at all but I am supposed to turn up at the radiology lab this week anyway, since falling over a chair, breaking and de-socketing a toe which didn't heal correctly are not really good ideas, and now this.
    Cripes, why don't I just get a camp cot and sleeping bag, and go LIVE in the bleeping hosp?

And I still feel crummy because of the non-resting sleep, snivel :-/.

I vote we cancel today because of lack of interest. All in favor, say Aye...

7. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

dontcha hate that, you lay down cause you feel like total crud & when you get up it's sometimes even worse,
    i can even compare it to having a bad hangover, but as this DD makes me sick from just a drink of anthing alcholic. i cant blame it on that. Dont know why our bodies feel that way, just another Mystery!