Sliding back down the mountain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cara, Mar 6, 2006.

1. cara

cara New Member

Hi

I have been doing okay lately with CFS. But several weeks ago I had a stomach bug and then a heavy cold. All the symptoms have re-surfaced again, and for me, the worst is the feeling that a black cloud has descended over me again. I feel really down and weepy. Any physical or mental stress on my body makes it even worse.

I know rest is the only answer, but I just wondered if anyone else is affected in this way.

Thanks
    love and light
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cara:
    We have a terrible stomach flu going on in my area. It is hitting people hard and heavy. If you have this, just imagine what your body is doing ontop of what you already have. I would say: take to the bed/couch and get loads of rest. If it requires a doctor's visit, do not hesitate.
    Hopefully it will pass with the resting. Feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. CinCA

CinCA New Member

It's so tough having CFS and then getting sick on top of it. I am in a bad slide/"flare" myself, as we moved a month ago and I am really coming unglued from the stress. And of course, I have a cold now, although it seems minor. I hope you are feeling better cold/flu-wise, at least, now.

It is good that you do recognize when you need to rest. I hope that you have time for it, and it brings you the relief your body needs.

Take good care, and (((((HUGS))))) to you!
    C.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I do hope you start t recover. Try extra nutrition to bring you up.

Love Anne C
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

While rest is the primary thing that you need, is there anything that you could do that would lift your spirits? Perhaps listening to uplifting music, a bubble bath, some comfort food, a funny book or movie.