Slightly OT : FM friendly coffee bean grinder?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beeleaf, Aug 16, 2006.

1. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

Hello all,

My coffee bean grinder pooped out a couple weeks ago. And I miss it! It was a very simple, inexpensive model from Walmart. Easy to open flat top cap. Pour the beans in, grind, smack it a little bit to loosen the ground, and put it in the coffee maker. I cannot find one like it, now. (I should have written down the brand name, huh?)

So far, we've bought two new ones. The first was a Black and Decker that was nearly impossible to open with a clumsy lid that insists on "spilling the beans".

The second was a Mr. Coffee, with buttons & lights (maybe it came with a runway, I dunno). It has a flip top lid that won't stay open and it's impossible to get all the coffee out of it after grinding the beans.

It's very frustrating to even try to make coffee. I have trouble with my hands and shoulders & need something very simple and easy to use. I figure there's bound to be some folks around here who relate to that and enjoy freshly ground coffee.

Please suggest a small, simple bean grinder before this one ends up in the neighbor's backyard. ;~)

Thanks,

Bee

2. phoenixrising2

phoenixrising2 New Member

I don't know, but I need one, too. Let's get this back up to the top and see if someone can help us.

Hugs,

Phoenix
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I bought my hubby a Starbuck's coffee grinder a few years ago and it was supposed to be one of the best on the market.

Not sure if that's true, but it looks good sitting in my cabinet now.

Nancy B.