Slow pulse anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sueliza, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sueliza

sueliza New Member

When I went to the doctor recently the nurse took my pulse and blood pressure standing and then had me lie down for 5 minutes and repeated both.

Standing my blood pressure was normal, about 120/70, but my pulse was 52. My pulse was always in the upper 60's to low 70's. I don't think anyone had checked it in a while.

After lying down for five minutes my blood pressure and pulse were both higher - weird. My blood pressure was still in the normal range and my pulse was up to 60.

Does this have anything to do with fibro? I have checked my pulse off and on for the last week while sitting and it is always in the 50's.

Thanks!
  2. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i have a slow puslse rate..runs from 47-and highest 59. the doctor said that with my pluse running so low, i was not wearing out my heart.

my blood pressure is somewhat high....the only problelm i have with low pressure is it make one fatigued.....not much drive to do things...and it slows down methabolism. but i am fine....

what does your doctor say...

shirley
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

A normal resting heart rate is anywhere from 60 to 100 beats per minute (bpm). Did the doctor say anything about your slow heart rate? Mine ranges greatly...average is usually in the 7o to 80 range. Lately it's been in the low 60's, and a couple months back in the midst of a bad CFIDS flare, it had gotten as low as 48 one evening. I felt absolutely miserable with it. I can always tell when my heart rate and/or BP is low, because I feel weak and get lightheaded all the time.

Gentle healing hugs,
    kim
  4. sueliza

sueliza New Member

Thank you for the replies! I am going to ask the dr on Monday when I see him.

It is weird, when I ran a lot my pulse was higher than it is now. Also, I am on Armour and my tsh is .5 - you would think my pulse would be higher, not lower.

I will let you know what the dr says!

[ advertisement ]