Slow Wound Healing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cobi, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Cobi

Cobi New Member

Hi,

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I've noticed that since getting sick, it takes a long time for my wounds to heal. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
    Does anyone know of anything that speeds wound healing?

Thanks,

Cobi
  2. monicacat

monicacat Member

Are you taking high quality vitamins?

If not, you really need to.

I take Ola Loa Super Multi Vitamins and they've made a world of difference.

I think you can buy them right here at Immune Support.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

problem. She swears that the Neopsporin triple antibiotic ointment works for her. She keeps bandaids and ointment on her at all times. Carla
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Are you eating well and especially getting enough protein? That's important for wound healing. Also, have you had your blood sugar checked recently? Slow wound healing can be a sign of diabetes.

Kathy.
  5. place

place New Member

I thought it was strange that I had a sore for 5 weeks!

I started to really notice my sores were just not healing quickly about two years ago.

I got dx this past spring with fibro. Something is not right with my immunity.

I have allergies, sinusitis and food intolerances.

I honestly don't think my body is healing itself.
  6. Cobi

Cobi New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for the replies.
    I didn't find Ola Loa Super Multi Vitamins on this site, but it's at vitaminshoppe.com

I don't know if you can get antibiotic resistance from ointment, but it might be something to look into and speak to your doctor about.

I'm eating marginally. The reason is that a while back, I took horse radish juice for detoxing, and it wounded my intestines, I haven't been the same since. I now can't eat anything spicy, coarse or acidic, which limits the vitamins and foods I can eat. I saw a GI doc and he said it's probably IBS. It's not IBS, it's my intestines not being able to heal themselves from the irritation.

I get enough protein and my blood sugar is fine.

Thanks again,

Cobi
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    One of the biggest reasons for slow wound healing is lack of vit D. Even the goverment is now coming out and telling people to up their vit D.

D3 is the most bio available D. It's suggested to take 1000mg a day. Many people can't do that right away because D also helps fight our viruses, and get a toxin reaction. Then it's suggested to start at 200mg/day and work up to 1000mg/day.

Vit D is very cheap! I'm getting 180 caps of 1000mg D3 for like $5 from Swanson vitamins. Do a goggle search on Vit D and CFS, and you'll get some amazing info.

K.