slurred speech

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azshell, Jan 8, 2006.

1. azshell

azshell New Member

I would like to know if anyone suffers from slurred speech? I get so embarrassed at work because as the day progresses, I find it hard to even answer the phone. It becomes hard to spit the name of our company out. I feel like my mind is slowed way down and I can hardly talk. Has anyone felt this?
  2. tejanya

tejanya New Member

that what it sounds like sometimes. thankfully, people around me know i have that type of dyslexia. it also extends to my typing at times. i am not making fun of people with this problem. it just happens to discribe what the tripping tongue feels like to me.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

to be part of the problem for us who have FM. I can't do Reception anymore. LOL!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

When I am very tired, or awaking, my speech can be slurred.

My mom asked my husband how many pain meds I take daily, when she noticed it. What a laugh! I have hydrocodone, low dose which I hoard and rarely use. Too difficult to get them from doctor.

Kim
  5. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

it is worse when i am more fatigued, when the myofascial pain is more flared (triggerpoints in tongue, face, neck), etc. it is a drag because people seem to think i am depressed or that i am taking too much drugs. either way, it is just another way for people to blame me for being sick. this is not a very nice illness to have. blah. jen102
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

very embarassing. When I was taking the drug Neurontin the problem was tenfold.