Small fibroid Cyst and pain in adominal, back can it ? Any one can help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, Aug 19, 2012.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I was having horrible pain in my right side in my lower adominal area and it would go into by lower back and it seemed also to go into my hip areas at times. I went into the doctor and told him I think I have a cyst on my ovaries as I have had them prior and I knew it but never had I had this much pain. He sent me for a ultra sound and I had a about a 1" cyst. I attributed my pain to that and I said I can't keep going through this so he said they would do a follow up ultra sound but he sent me to a gyncologist prior and she stated that that small of a cyst could not cause me that pain. I do not agree with her as I had this pain for quite sometime and the cyst was on the right side. The pain subsided and I just got through with my second ultra sound and it is gone. I asking for anyones help and the opinon of anyone on this board that may have gone through this. Thanks
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I had these cysts when I was younger and, yes, they can cause a LOT of pain. Also, any pain we have is usually amplified. I'm glad the cyst is gone and you are out of pain. I hope it keeps up.

Love, Mikie
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I had one on my ovary that the doctor watched for a few years. Yes, lots of pain off and on and I started having bad cramps from the first period ever....age l0. The doctor told me that the cyst would grow and shrink depending on how close to my period. When it got large, age 23, I had to have it removed. He told me at that time I had endometriosis.....which is usually the cause of bad cramps. And I think I read somewhere that endometriosis is common with FM.
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I was kind of was angry when I was told that it was not the cyst that was causing me the pain as it seems everytime I get a cyst I can feel them although this time it was alot more painful. They were more concerned this time as I have gone through menpouse and so they can be more dangerous and my aunt died of ovarian cancer and I have had cervical cancer. But I was concerned it could be something else as I was told that with that small of cyst that it could not be causing me that much pain but I think postively it did cause the pain and has in the past. But I wanted to get this board take on the situation as I can be of course wrong. One good thing I will always know when I have one as I seem to get them regularly.