small painful lump in palm of hand, comes and goes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by barbt5343, Sep 3, 2003.

1. barbt5343

barbt5343 New Member

i have fibromyalgia. i have recently noticed small painful lumps in the palm of my hand and sometimes in the arch of my foot. is this connected with the fm? any help would be appreciated.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Barb, welcome to our world. Yes, I do have lumps, but so far not on my hands or feet. I have one right now on my upper left arm. If I rub it, it hurts. It also comes and goes.

What I do get in my hands is like shooting pains, they just appear, then they are gone. Only thing about them is that I have dropped a few cups of coffee/tea and just dishes because of this. Its like a shocking pain.

I have had FM for over 20 years, and it would take a whole 'book' to write all the crazy things I have gotten through the years.

If they continue, I would ask your doctor about them.

Again, welcome to the board.............

Shalom, Shirl

3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I think it would be easier to ask what isn't connected with fm, LOL! Lumps, bumps, pain, tingles, spasms, shooting pain, numbness - do you want me to go on? Just kidding, I'm sure this must make doing certain things difficult for you. Since it is recommended to roll sore feet over a frozen bottle maybe holding a soft ice pack might help with your hands.

Take care