Small prayer request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by griswoldgirl, Feb 2, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I am returning to work on monday and am nervous. I know with God in charge that all will be ok deep down onside, but still nervous that my back is not ready yet after surgery. My neck is better, but flare up still in play-

Got my meds pain is pretty much under controll, ah but the fog is thick. i nead prayer for clarity of mind and the ability to do a good job with my patients. For those who do not know me, I am an ultrasound technologist and my job requires a lot of my upper body and just had cervical fusion in dec. from DDD and ruptured disc

If i could get some prayers to help remember God is in charge and not me i would appreciate it.

Thanks

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Griswoldgirl, will be in prayer for you on Monday.

So glad to see you on the worship board.

God Bless..................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i am off to bed, had to watch superbowl, good game , good friends, good fellowship and prayer at church today. I am ready to go.

God bless

Cathy
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Cathy,
    I just want you to know I'll be praying for you tomarrow as you start back to work. God will be right there with you helping you through the day.
    I'm sure all will be happy to see you back.
    Have a great day tomarrow and let us know how it went! Sorry I'm so late in posting this.
    Love and prayers,
    Harmony
  5. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

Cathy, I didn't check in until after the fact, but I pray your day was a good one and that tomorrow will be even better. Hugs, Rose
  6. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

It was a good day. I worked and then came home. Any day these days I realize as long as I am breathing and verticle and not horizontal is a good day.

You guys and all the women on this web site and all those with silent diseases are in my prayers daily.

If you can, pray for my marriage. We are in trouble have been for years. The only reason that I have not left is I believe in my wedding vows. He suffers from severe depression and only will take meds, no counceling and has for 6 years now. He is way over weight due to eating addiction (350 and 5'10") and has been dxed with sever sleap apnea, obstuction etc. Doc used words like you are lucky to be alive. If you had died in your sleep, I would not have been surprised etc.

He was already dxed 5 years ago and refused to wear CPAP then, at least he is willing now that a doc told him he would die if he did not, either in his sleep or from heart failure due to no oxygn in his system.

Why are men so stubborn about docs?

Anyway, he is from NY city and Jewish decent but born again Christian in the last couple of years. Talks a great talk, sometimes waLKS it too.

We keep having the same fight over and over again about my being able to sit for my boards in Ultrasoud( i am ultrasound technition). I have contacted proper authorities and I have to have a total of four years of school and clinical practice. i went to school for 14 mos at tech col. so that left 2 years 10 months, Ihave 6 mo to go and he keeps hassling me about calling them to see what I can do to obtain lic. earlier because "he has been in medical feild for 22 years and I know what I am talking about!"

The clincher is I do know what I am talking about and he is wrong, he works in different feild than I and the rules for lic changed in 1998 while I was in school. The math is 14mos + 34 mos working ft = exam time :)

Right now because of DDD and spine surgery osteo and pain I am not even sure God's plan is to keep me in this feild. Yessterday was in a lot of pain from 2 pts. Average f/t day is 6-8 pts. I am trying to give myself a break because it was the first day. but i just got little signs.

1. i put a bible verse in mny lab coat pocket to take with me concerning god's will, and his path you are to be on. That was our scripture for the day that Harmony posted.

2. i then found a book mark that said fro everything you have lost , you have gained somthing else.

........just one of those things that make you look up and say hmmmmmmm.

anyway I an off to read my devotions for the day and stretch.

sorry to dump all that on you guys , just felt more comfortable here than other board for this.

in prayer and friendship

cathy aka griswoldgirl

Why does he always insist he is right and I am wrong! It is just the tip of the iceberg with us. I am holding on by the skin of my teeth with the help of Christ and god and holy spirit.
  7. Harmony

Harmony New Member

So glad your day went well for you yesterday!
    I'll remember your prayer request concerning your marriage. I pray God will give you his wisdom, peace and strength for each day. Remember, nothing is impossible with God. Hope you have another good day at work today.
    Hugs,
    Harmony