Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crickett, Dec 25, 2011.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Just wondering if it's just me. But why is it when I go into church or stores I have to avoid certain isles because of chemicals and last nite at church we had to light candles and I wad so light headed and having panic attacks I could not wait to get out of there. I am living like a hermit. So depressing. Anyone else have this problem
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's caused by sensory overload. Many of us have overactive neurons or neurons which do not fire correctly. This can lead to overload of any of our senses. Smell is often the one we most notice. Some of us cannot tolerate harsh lighting, loud noises, touch, and/or movement. When I started taking Klonopin to sleep, my SO improved greatly. I still cannot tolerate some perfumes and the detergent aisle at the store makes my physically ill. If too many cars on the road ahead of me start changing lanes, it makes me very anxious. I don't like situations where there is too much movement around me.

Love, Mikie
  3. wildflowers23

wildflowers23 Member

I have it too. I should be a blood hound. But, some places I have to avoid.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I have the same issues.

Years ago credit card companies sent these scented papers to let you smell the latest stinky fragrance--always made me gag. :(

Sometimes magazines have those stinky fragrance cards in them too~~or at least they used to.