smells

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Deana, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Deana

Deana Guest

I have been really having a prob with smells lately.
    Cleaners,purfumes,candles etc. does everyone have this is am I just out there?

Deana
  2. Deana

Deana Guest

I have been really having a prob with smells lately.
    Cleaners,purfumes,candles etc. does everyone have this is am I just out there?

Deana
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

My husband tells me that I have a nose like a bloodhound!! LOL!!! I can smell even the slightest thing! And drives me crazy when I can't figure out where it is coming from.
    Yes, somethings are tooooo strong for me! I have to be careful what I use.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Like Teresa, my husband also calls me a bloodhound, in fact he claims I have a better sense of smell than the dogs! I smell things no one else seems to smell.

I have learned to stay away from sented candles stores, purfume counters, etc.

Most give me a sinus attack now. I also buy detergent that is odorless (and I can still smell it!).

This seems to be a part of Fibro too.

I use as much natural cleaners in my home as possible.

Shalom, Shirl

5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

mold, mildew, rain, DEATH (when my patients are terminal), perfumes, yeast, strep infection, and a "cancer" smell before anyone else around me can. It's kind of funny to be called by others who want to know "What IS that odor?" Oh well, at least I have SOME kind of talent!
  6. herblady

herblady New Member

i've been smelling a lot of things lately that aren't there and it's driving me crazy. cindi
  7. zekieboo

zekieboo New Member

Not only do I have an extremely strong sense of smell, but smells actually get "stuck" in my sinuses. I can go for days smelling the same odor, and not nice smells like coffee or roses! I smell gross things like the cat litter box and stinky feet, yuk! This has been going on for years, long before I was diagnosed the FM.
  8. dlizard

dlizard New Member

very strong odors... I can go into a clothing store and get sick fromt he stuff they put on clothes LOL>>>>>. I think Belk's ( Dillard's Bloomie's etc ) stink!!! I found in my nursing days I could smell infection and blood long before it was apparant to others!!! hahahaha Good luck!