smelly urine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by favaunt, Apr 13, 2004.

1. favaunt

favaunt New Member

Does any have overly concentrated and smelly urine? There is not infection.
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I just got to work and went to the bathroom and was noticing a strong smell to my urine. It is cloudy looking and yellow and smells strongly (I could smell it before I got up). I was just wondering about this and then I log on here and bam, this is the first post I see!!!!

I drink water throughout the day. Not 1/2 my body weight, but no less than I did before and this is new to me. I will be anxious to see what others say about it.

Sonya
  3. fllfibro2003

fllfibro2003 New Member

I've always had kidney problems but since I developed this DD I've had 2 UTIs 1 so bad my bladder shut down for 4 days, had to have a catheter at home over Labor Day weekend last year.

I've also noticed that at times my urine is concentrated and has an odor. Usually in the mornings after my cup of coffee.

Since I have kidney problems I do drink 8-10 glasses of water a day and that cuts down on the concentrated urine.

FLlfibro
  4. irishchic

irishchic New Member

I don't have this problem since I drink so much water (about 80 oz a day...and I weigh about 105 lbs) and also buy the cranberry juice concentrate at a local health food store. Don't buy the stuff in the grocery w/all of the added sugars, etc. The one in health food store is pure cranberry juice that you mix with water. It is a bit tart but you can quickly get used to it. I drink about 8 oz of cranberry juice a day (which is about 2-3 oz of the concentrate mixed with the rest water). It is great for the urinary tract.

Hope this helps!

Jyll
  5. jsshutt

jsshutt Member

Now my son has the same smell at times. Not always. If it were a uri, then it would only smell like that when you had one. however being recently pregnant and having them all the time and then getting rid of them, it did not have any impact on the smell. Must have something to do with FMS\CFS