smoke the last tonite...then the "PATCH"!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Aug 26, 2003.

1. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

I am overwhelmed by the number of you that responded to my "quiting the smokes"....

Thank you so much...you can't believe how incouraging this is!!!

Though I don't know where a single one of you live, what your telephone number is, your e-mail addy...what you look like...WHO you are...you already seem like "family"...how grateful I am that I found this place!!!

Putting on the patch at bedtime...and hopeing that with the group support, and all of you behind me, THIS TIME, I will kick it for good. I feel sick enough without this adding to it. I'm tired of feeling so rotten and tired and sick most of the time...I'm read to give it one more shot!

I've done the patches before, I've done the gum...both more than once...and I've done the cold turkey thing more than once, also. This time I'll do it with others, and praying that it works...I've smoked so long I can't imagine not having the old coffin nail in my hand, my purse, in the cabinet, in the truck, in the ashtray...etc. The thought is a good one.

Thanks again, and you can bet I'll be letting you know how great it is or even how miserable I am!!

Love, and God's blessing to you all!

Sumbuni (soon to smell good again!)(or at least not stick so bad...(((LOL))) )
  2. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

GOOD FOR YOU-----HOPE I WILL BE NEXT, I'LL USE THE PATCH TOO, THE LAST TIME, I WENT COLD TURKEY, IT WAS TO HARD. I AM GETTING MY TEETH WHITENED SOON, SO WITH THE COST OF THAT, IT WOULD BE KNOW USE TO CONTINUE TO SMOKE, IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY. WITH THE MONEY I SAVE NOT SMOKING, IT SHOULD PAY FOR THE TEETH WHITENING. THIS IS HOW I LOOK AT IT, AND BESIDES ALL OF US COULD DO WHAT WE WANT FOR A HEALTH BUT THINK OF IT, IF WE STILL CONTINUE TO SMOKE, WE HAVE TO BE NUTS. EVERYTHING WE ARE DOING, ALL THE WORK WE ARE DOING TRYING TO FEEL BETTER, BUT WE CONTINUE TO SMOKE, WE DON;T MAKE ANY SENCE. I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE IT, TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. AND REMEMBER REPLACE ONE ADDICTION WITH ANOTHER RIGHT AWAY, BUT USE A HEALTHY ONE. I MYSELF AM A RECOVERY ALCOHOLIC FOR 6 YEARS NOW, IF I COULD DO THAT, I SURELY COULD QUIT SMOKING, I SPEAK ALL OVER CANADA ON ALCOHOL, MAYBE NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE, BECAUSE OF MY ILLNESS, BUT HERE IN MONTREAL. GOOD-LUCK.........SHARON28
  3. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

GOOD FOR YOU-----HOPE I WILL BE NEXT, I'LL USE THE PATCH TOO, THE LAST TIME, I WENT COLD TURKEY, IT WAS TO HARD. I AM GETTING MY TEETH WHITENED SOON, SO WITH THE COST OF THAT, IT WOULD BE KNOW USE TO CONTINUE TO SMOKE, IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF MONEY. WITH THE MONEY I SAVE NOT SMOKING, IT SHOULD PAY FOR THE TEETH WHITENING. THIS IS HOW I LOOK AT IT, AND BESIDES ALL OF US COULD DO WHAT WE WANT FOR A HEALTH BUT THINK OF IT, IF WE STILL CONTINUE TO SMOKE, WE HAVE TO BE NUTS. EVERYTHING WE ARE DOING, ALL THE WORK WE ARE DOING TRYING TO FEEL BETTER, BUT WE CONTINUE TO SMOKE, WE DON;T MAKE ANY SENCE. I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE IT, TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. AND REMEMBER REPLACE ONE ADDICTION WITH ANOTHER RIGHT AWAY, BUT USE A HEALTHY ONE. I MYSELF AM A RECOVERY ALCOHOLIC FOR 6 YEARS NOW, IF I COULD DO THAT, I SURELY COULD QUIT SMOKING, I SPEAK ALL OVER CANADA ON ALCOHOL, MAYBE NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE, BECAUSE OF MY ILLNESS, BUT HERE IN MONTREAL. GOOD-LUCK.........SHARON28
  4. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

stop smoking. Just because you weren't successful before has nothing to do with how successful you will be this time. Try altering the things you did that you always needed a smoke for. I found carrying around a pencil in my hand helped a lot. Gave me something to do with my hands.

Lots of us here are pulling for you.
  5. babyjoan

babyjoan New Member

YOu can do it!!! I used to smoke 4 packs a day and I quit cold turkey. I found that sipping everything through a straw helped bcause I would hold the straw between my fingers alot. It really helped me and it has been 23 years!!
    Good luck and if you need support you obviously know where to come to...us!! I will say a prayer for you for strength.

Joan
  6. jan5473

jan5473 New Member

Sumbuni-I wish you much luck on your not smoking. I am trying to quit and have found that keeping sunflower seeds by the computer and my recliner or wherever I am helps a lot. They are inexpensive and satisfying. I also bought up straws to drink with--you can chew on them or play with them in your hand. I hope we can both kick the habit and feel better together. I will be keep you in my prayers. GOOD LUCK TO YOU, JAN
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2003]