Smoking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atowne, Jun 22, 2006.

1. atowne

atowne New Member

Hi was wondering if anyone has given up smoking and found that is helped with symptoms ... i know i should quit anyway but just wondering
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

atowne:

I gave up smoking about three and a half/four years ago.
    Yes, I do feel much better without the old ball and chain.
    Physically I was doing so much harm to myself and now feel lighter and brighter.
    You can do it!

nyrofan
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

atowne:

Physically I was doing so much harm to myself and now feel lighter and brighter.
    You can do it!

nyrofan
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

atowne:

You can do it!

nyrofan
  5. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

Hi there, just thought i would post a reply as i have gave up smoking 8 weeks ago and although my fms is still pretty bad i am feeling a lot happier in myself which has made coping with pain alot easier. So i think you should quit smoking for yourself and to see if it helps your symptoms.

Hope that helped

Louise

I decided to quit nasty, yucky, disgusting fags on 26/04/2006 22:44. Which has been 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 13 hours, 47 minutes and 41 seconds a total of 57 days. I would have smoked 1,151 nasty, yucky, disgusting cancer sticks but saved £273.47 instead. Not forgetting that i have saved 3 Days, 23 hours and 55 minutes of my life.
  6. loops1988

loops1988 New Member

hi again,
    just thought i would say that www.clicktoquit.co.uk is a big help when not smoking - the discussion boards have many great people in them.

Kalms also help with the stress http://www.kalmsstress.com/

Sucking on mints and sipping water also helps and i suggest you see a doctor after month of not smoking and check your blood pressure etc...

Louise

I decided to quit nasty, yucky, disgusting fags on 26/04/2006 22:44. Which has been 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 13 hours, 50 minutes and 43 seconds a total of 57 days. I would have smoked 1,151 nasty, yucky, disgusting cancer sticks but saved £273.48 instead. Not forgetting that i have saved 3 Days, 23 hours and 55 minutes of my life.
  7. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

November of '05 thru November '06.

then i started an office position and became good friends w/2 co-workers; both of whom smoked.

so out on breaks i began first taking a puff, then bumming, then insisting on paying .25 for each cig i bummed. turns out the nightmare became a reality and of course i became a smoker again. NEED AND WANT TO QUIT NOW.

emotionally i felt fantastic as a non-smoker!!! physically it did eliminate some headaches and tiredness and i felt stronger.

for me, i didn't notice any change in my fm symptoms unfortunately. BUT the rewards are HUGE becoming a non-smoker for a myriad of reasons!!! i felt so free.

very soon i plan to quit. it's disgusting and dangerous. and my son is very upset about it which is my driving factor. i only smoke outside on the porch and try not to smoke in public unless i "hide". makes one feel so dirty and unattractive for sure.

i wish us all success and happiness in our goal. i'm on the path of 'psyching myself up' to gain strength to focus on a day, or a week to once again FEEL GOOD AND REJOIN THE HAPPY SMOKE FREE WORLD!! :)
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I quit six months ago. My quality of life, self-esteem and overall sense of well-being has improved. I've not experienced a reduction in pain but feel more able to deal with it. God bless, Anne Theresa
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I quit smoking about 2 months ago (can't remember exactly cause I didn't want to make a big deal out of it but now I wish I had!!)

I've taken the money I used to spend on smokes and bought some very good vitamins from our Pro Health Store here and I'm feeling better than I have in 2 years.

It's been a long road, I've stopped Aspartame products, most processed foods, added many fresh foods to my daily diet, cut down my Pepsi consumption and now I've quit smoking.

Something's working...it could be a combination of everything I've done, it could just be that I was overdue for a remission.

I know... like others have said, it HAS to help to stop this disgusting habit I've had for 30 years.

Good luck, I recommend the NicoCure patch system, all natural with no added Nicotine. I couldn't believe how easy it was for me to quit, and I was a heavy smoker. (over 2 pks a day)

Nancy
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i started in my early to mid thirties...off and on off and on...i am taking welbutrin right now but i am supposed ot sign up for a class to quit smoking...i forgot to do ti fridya..

jodie
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I started smoking in high school when my older Bro. was

in the Marine Corp. and could get a Carton of cigs for

$1.70!! Quit 2yrs. ago cold turkey but don't feel that

it has made any diff. with my CFS, but it still was a

good thing to quit. Try seriously to stop now if you can

while you are yet young!

Best wishes,
    MRDAD
  12. atowne

atowne New Member

so much for the positive comments and sharing your experiences with me . So much encouragement is always nice when trying to quit something so hard. Ill be happy to keep in touch with all those quitting as my husband and I will be setting our quit date soon... this will be my 5th time trying to quit. So im especially proud of all those who have quit recently and are going to try again