Smoothie Recipe Without Milk or Yogurt???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Does anyone know how to make a Banana Smoothie without Milk and without Yogurt?

I finally bought a blender and I am dying for something cold and refreshing.

I don't want the added sugar of Yogurt or Milk since I am on a no sugar, no dairy diet
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I don't know what fruit you have available in you area of the country. When I lived in Puerto Rico I used to make a smoothie called "the Sunshine Drink". It contained banana (preferably frozen), papaya chunks and orange juice. It was super delicious. You could probably substitute peach for the papaya...frozen peach slices would be good.

Banana makes every kind of smoothie creamy.

Lolalee
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Here are a few recipes. Some of them you would need a juicer for and I don't know if you have one but I gave you the recipes anyway.

Also you don't HAVE to use milk or yogurt to have a smoothie. You could try putting some whey in it to give it some protien for you and give it a little bit more substance.

But as far as the sugar goes there shouldn't be any needed because fruits are naturally sweet.

Basic Fruit Smoothie
    1 cup apple puice, unsweetened
    1 peeled frozen banana
    ½ cup of favorite fruit

Put apple juice into blender. Cut banana up into chunks, add to blender. Blend until creamy. Add second fruit, blend again.

1 cup pineapple juice
    1 peeled frozen banana
    ½ cup frozen strawberries
    2 pitted dates

Blend all ingredients until smooth.

Healing Smoothie

1 firm kiwi fruit, peeled
    ¼ cup cantaloupe, with skin
    1 ripe banana

Process kiwi fruit and cantaloupe through a juicer. Place juice and banana in blender until smooth.

1 orange, peeled
    ½ papaya, peeled
    1 banana

Juice orange and papaya together. Place juice and banana in blender and blend until smooth.

Also you can use frozen fruits instead of fresh.

((HUGS))

kate
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I never use milk in my smoothies and almost never use yogurt either.

I buy a bag of frozen fruit with blueberries, peaches, strawberries, melons etc...it's by VIP and it's just a frozen bag of mixed fruit.

I add whatever I have around...yesterday I added fresh pineapple, most of 3 bananas that were going brown, some cantaloupe melon and some grape/cranberry juice to help blend it.

The banana makes it creamy so you won't need the milk or yogurt.

These always turn out wonderful, no matter what I add which is whatever I have around.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  5. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

rice milk or soy milk.

Kelly
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

You could do just a fruit and fruit juice smoothie, but the fruit acid is pretty pungent.

Rice, soy or almond milk would be nice and almond or soy would give a nice protein balance. Any would buffer the fruit acid.

Jeanne
  7. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Rice Milk, Soy Milk? Rice milk is thinner and makes a nice for smoothies or protein drinks. Depends on what you want. You can just use juices. I workout 3-4 days a week so I need to take in about 130gm+ a day of protein so that means at least 2-3 drinks a days. I use milk, organic and non-fat sometimes, other times I use rice milk, juice etc, lots of fresh organic fruits, I do also use yogurt. Best protein I don't know if I can say it's name but I have found only one that comes without sucralose(big time tummy ache ....) and it is only the vanilla flavour whey protein. It uses stevia. Just some ideas. Just google for smoothies and look for recipes they are really enless. I use lots of fruits that are dark in color, blue berries, raspberries, etc. Anti-oxidant rich. Yes they have calories but I have lost 30 lbs changes to this kind of diet and really eat more than ever. Sorry for too much info but I've think I've had too much coffee, been up with a sore neck since 3:45 am going to see Chiro at 8 am before work - Bobby
  8. Empower

Empower New Member

Thank you all for your great recipes!

I can't wait to try them out!

YUM!
  9. millennia

millennia New Member

You do realize that fruits and juices have sugar in them, right?