Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmq, May 16, 2009.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Hi all!

I am "trying" to eat healthier. I am having a hard time with breakfast because I do not like cereal, milk, or eggs. So right now all I ever have for breakfast is bagels, bananas, pancakes, waffles. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for some yummy smoothies. I think I could enjoy that in the morning as long as they were easy to make and yummy.

Any ideas?

2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I do them almost every morning. I use nothing but fruit.

I love pineapple, kiwi, and banana...

Green grapes, strawberries, banana.

Watermelon, banana, pears,

Mango, pears, banana.

There is an endless varieties to try. Just experiment, and enjoy...

I also eat steel cut oatmeal, and rice and beans for breakfast, to get in my protein...
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2009]
  3. teacher

teacher New Member

Three ice cubes

1 cup apple juice (you can use orange juice, but it makes the smoothie really sweet)

1 cup frozen fruit

1 banana

Put the ice cubes and the apple juice in the blender and crush the cubes. Add the frozen fruit and do the same.

Add the banana and use the "chop" button.

When the banana is chopped, blend the mixture until it's mixed.

Makes two servings.

Can be frozen and eaten with a spoon later.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I love smoothies. Just toss some yogurt or kefir into a blender or food processor, and add fruit. I usually add a ripe banana for sweetner, and then toss in either mixed berries (from Costco), blueberries, mangoes, or Mango Peach Paradise (also from Costco). Ocassionally I will add cocoa powder with the banana for a chocolate smoothie. I also add ground flax seed or Salba (Chia seed).
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I did a search on her user name and it shows the last time she logged in was 31 weeks ago. That's almost 8 mths which is a long time.

Hope all is well with you

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Strawberry smoothie
    8 strawberries, hulled
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    3 tablespoons white sugar (use a substitute if you'd like)
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    6 cubes ice, crushed

Glorious Orange Smoothie
    1 cup milk
    1 cup ice water
    1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
    12 cubes ice
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 cup white sugar (substitute)

Triple threat fruit
    1 kiwi, sliced
    1 banana, peeled and chopped
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 cup strawberries
    1 cup ice cubes
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 (8 ounce) container peach yogurt -

You can use flavored yogurt for any smoothies to add a little extra taste. I love cinnamon so I like to add that in a banana smoothie. You can also add a 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a little honey if you'd like. basically it's milk, bananas, ice, PB and a sweetener.

I cant remember if you do milk or not. sorry!!
  7. jmq

jmq New Member

I love all of these! Now I have to get my act together and get the ingredients. I wish I could find an oatmeal I can tolerate. I hate the oat taste and texture. I end up adding so much milk and sugar that it it defeats the purpose. Any suggestions on that?

8. Didoe

Didoe New Member

hi jmq
    one of the 'ladies' mags i read had a yum smoothie-banana, honey, ice, milk or soy milk and 6 mint leaves or more to taste. great for tummy issues and perfect brkfast substitute. you could probbly substitue fresh ginger for mint.
  9. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

about oatmeal--- my tip o the day is---- add fruit to it!! blueberries are the best. i dont like plain oatmeal- but i add dem ole blueberries and i just get nutty! its so yummy.

and ps- i agree that smoothies are A W E S O M E. heres a smoothie tip. buy a bunch of fruit. wash- chop- and FREEZE it all. then you will have it handy if you want to make a smoothie.

seems like bananas are a important smoothie ingredient. OJ is also great. and pineapple. just toss it all in!!!

bigmama2 (who is feeling a lil hyper tonite- LOL)