Smudge in Vision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by bren22, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bren22

bren22 New Member

Has anyone experienced a smudge mark in the middle of there vision? I have been having this intermittently for the last 6 weeks. I have not as of yet been to the eye doctor because of energy requirements but I also don't know if he will find anything. He doesn't know why, even with my glasses on, I still have days with vision problems. Also, has anyone tried the super light frames (tansinite? - can't remember what they are made of)?

Bren
  2. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

is "smudgy" right in the center of vision (one eye only). It does seem to correspond to my fatigue level, but is most annoying when trying to read!). I also am plagued by lots of floaters and have been since childhood, so those are the norm for me.

I too was concerned about macular degeneration and have had an eye exam ruling it out. Of course you should be tested because it IS a possibility.

My prescription is quite strong, but glasses are blessedly light due to "super-light" and small lenses. I can't remember what the material is...carbon something. I'd be interested to know if there is a newer material you are referring to.
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

is what I had last year. It sometime leads to retinal detachment. But, thankfully in my case it didn't. I still have a blurry spot in the corner of my right eye, and probably always will. This is almost the same thing as what they call "floaters"