Snapped at work!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Dec 2, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Well for those of you that know I have had "personality clashes" at work, have been walked all over and boss is mean to me...here's something funny that happened yesterday..
    I asked my boss if I could leave at 2 to go to the dentist to get my crown refitted because it was causing me pain. He said yes, of course. I then was clocking out and the girl I have issues with looked at another girl and made a face, and said, "oh..I didnt know you were leaving"..It wasnt what she said...but HOW she said it. I snapped back for once and said loud enough for my boss to hear.."Oh..I didnt know I had to report to you!" Then walked out. The girl still had her jaw on the floor when I walked out the door! She was nice as ever this morning!
    JPach
  2. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Don't you love how catty people can be sometimes!! I'm glad you said something though! My best friends, Sarcasm and Irony are glad that you did too!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/02/2005]
  3. wangotango

wangotango New Member

i know for myself i feel guilty about being sick and tend to let people run over me because (i deserve it) and it is hard to break the feelings of guilt. in fact i am setting here now feeling guilty and bad making my fatigue and headaches worse because i have missed work since thanksgiving from fatigue and terrable cluster headaches. and the sad part is my boss is my dad and he owns the business. we have a deal to where i only work when i am up to it. you would think i would have no guilt over that. but i do.
    one of my favorite saying's for some one like that is "shallow brooks make the most noise" if they get what it means they really get pissed. i always think of it as a person who is emotionaly and intellectually shallow have to scream and hollar or make noise around a croud of others to make themself's feel powerfull and in control.
    be well jpach bill
  4. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Don't you love doing things like that??? It probably won't change her attitude for very long, but it is fun to see the look on their face!

-Kathi
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I do hate it when women think they are better than others. Why can't they just do their job & go home? I love your reply.

Kelly
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Good for you, she deserved it. It was none of her business.

Years ago, I had my coat on and was rushing out of work in the middle of the day. A co-worker said to me, "Gee must be nice to have banker's hours".

I was rendered speechless. You see, I had just gotten a phone call that my dad had died.

People should mind their own business.

Michelle
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

It is amazing how others make up realities about others, and it's usually the WRONG thing...

When I was a student and missed an extremely important class, one of the other students later publicly asked me accusingly where I'd been... I could tell for some reason she assumed I'd not been there because I wasn't prepared... she was rendered speechless and embarrassed when I told her truthfully why (my brother had died). . .

all the best,
    Victoria