Snog, Ordered My Tablet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I went to that website which has 1 sale a day and got a refurbished Sylvania 7" touchscreen Android wi-fi tablet for $69. It has the HDMi port and two USB ports. I think I'll try using the smart features on my phone to see how many minutes it uses up. Between the phone and tablet, I pretty much now have my bases covered without spending a lot. My laptop is my workhorse but it's nice to not have to use such a large contraption, by comparison.

I'll let you know how I like it when it comes.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The tablet I bought is a factory refurbished unit. Some people believe that they are good because they fix all the bugs and replace everything so that it looks brand new. These are units which were returned under warantee and replaced with new units to the original owner. If they are new and fixable, they are refurbished and sold at a fraction of the price.

The HDMI is a port and cable which connects auxillary components to HDTV. For instance, if I stream something on my laptop, or on the tablet, I can connect it to the TV via an HDMI cable and watch it on the big screen. As soon as I get my lazy self to hook up my Wii to the wi-fi, I won't need the cable. I have a long cable which stretches across the livingroom. I can actually show what I'm posting now on the TV if I want to. I see no need, though. The HDMI cable takes the place of the three colored cables we used to hook up from the cable box and/or our DVD players. New TV's have wi-fi built in. As technology changes, we find ways to adapt our old stuff until it finally is sooooo obsolete that we have to buy new. That interval gets shorter and shorter. Oy!

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I bought my laptop new but it's such a good one (knock on wood :) that it should hold me for a bit. I figure that I got such a good deal on the tablet that if I want something more powerful in the future, I haven't spent much on this one.

Love, Mikie