Snoring is it you or him? Why is it ok for the guys to snore

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jul 12, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have a situation here at home. My husband snores very loudly and he is hard of hearing also. So I have to nudge him and risk being hit { He is really jumpy too} and have to move fast to get him to roll over and even then he is the only man I know that can snore on his stomache.
    Me I snore also and instead of him nudgeing me to turn over he YELLS AT ME " YOUR SNORING TOO LOUD PLEASE STOP IT NOW"

No will you please turn over and take of one of you 10 pillows or use some thing to ease your stuffy nose. NO WAY HE is always YELLING LOUDLY AT ME TO STOP IT NOW. And then I get pissed off and pick up my blanket and pillows and my alarm clock and phone and take it all up stairs to my daughters room and I will sleep in her bed. And since I am used to a baffaled firm water bed her bed is HARD and is not comfortable for me to sleep on even with the FAKE DOWN MATTERESS PAD that is under the sheets , they stab you and once again I am awake.

I just get to sleep when at 5:30 my husband comes upstairs and wakes me up yelling at me to WAKE UP so that I can go back to my bed and sleep there. And I just glare at him still irratated that I have been awakened not once but twice so that I can be told that I am snoring and that I can now go back to my room and sleep.

I sleep on my back and I have a deveated septum and in all the surgeries I have not had that one done . My sister had her fixed and is worse off than before. But her surgery was years ago and I am just plain chicken and don't want to go throught the extra pain from surgery and have to listen to a surgen tell me that my narcoitcs are making me not breath deep enough. And that I could stop breathing because of my pain meds.

I have found that I do sleep better if I sleep on my back. When I sleep on my sides I seem to get some bursitis in my hips depending on which side I sleep on. My head also dropes down and my chin rests on my chest and that makes me also snore. I am at my wits end at what to do. I look like a raccon from the lack of sleep. I have tried to use the little nose things that you put on your nose to open it up but I am allergic to adhesives. So what do I do?

I am so sick of him telling me that HONEY YOUR SNORING AGAIN STOP IT NOW. When I tell him he moves over and starts snoring once more and does not stop the beat of it at all.

I am so confused as to what to do. IT seems that in this world it is fine and almost expected for men to SNORE but to have a WOMAN SNORE is a BAD THING. Why is it ok for him but not for me? I want to be albe to sleeep all night and not wake my husband up with my snoring but he still wakes me up with his. Usually I will startle my self when I start to snore and I will wake up and stop snoring. But when I finally get to the deep sleep and I am snoring it takes him YELLING at me to wake me up .

HELP ME? I don't know what to do?
    JUst need to sleep more at NIGHT! Any help is good.
    Rosemarie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the nose job may verywell do the trick for you, but then you still have your hubby waking you up....

have both of you been tested for sleep apnea?

ok i snore at times when my allergies are bad...i have woke myself up gasping for air...they told me i had not sleep apnea...so i guess that is good...

my brother has it and wears the cpap..he said that made a world of difference to him....

now he can study for college and work full-time plus be a father and husband to three teen boys...

i never had a complaint about snoring until a few years ago...and the ex-bf said i was snoring and i told him i do not snore...oh he poked me to wake me up and i was so pissed..he did that a few times...once he told me to go sleep out on the couch...i said this is my bed and i will not go sleep out on the couch he could....

he didn't say anything after that....then the ex-hubby and i were well possibly reconciling...whatever you want to call it,,anyways he told me i snored...

so i guess i had to believe it now...

so i will make sure i take my allergy pill when i need to...and i make sure my pillows aren't propped to high up...it hurts my neck also...

they say some weight gain can cause it...well we won't talk about that...i'm 41 not 21 anymore...love to weigh 110 or less...that was on my heavy period days...

well you could resort to sleeping in separate rooms at night....or the breath right strips i heard those may help as well...

good luck and try not to hurt hubby when he wakes you up.lol

i know how you feel...

jodie
  3. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Both of you can wear ear-plugs -- the soft foam ones I use are called "Hushers" and they work real well.