Snow and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JEANSKI, Dec 27, 2010.

JEANSKI New Member

Who else is really starting to feel the effects of snow?

We got slammed with close to 2 feet where I live and it is horrible how bad I am starting to feel. I was okay for a bit but the pain and stiffness is settling in now. (I really thought maybe this time I would escape the awful pain--do we ever learn?)

I shoveled twice and woke up to another foot that needed to be moved. I walked to work to avoid shoveling was either shovel or work...i needed to go to work.

But I am feeling it now! Still need to walk home than shovel out and then work 3 more days till i get a proper rest........

Any advice is welcome....I know it is probably things we have been told a million times but I need some cheerleading! or commiseration at least LOL
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

My Gosh no wondering you're hurting. Shoveling is major work!

My advice? Hire someone. I don't know what your parking situation is - are you shoveling a driveway or is your car parked on the street?

Can someone from work give your a ride to or from work? I can't imagine them letting you walk home.

Get in a hot bath when you get home. Make a cup of hot tea after that, get on a heating pad and RELAX!

Knock on wood we haven't gotten any snow yet. I've watched the news though - WOW some places are really getting dumped on!