Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Denamay, May 23, 2007.

1. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Just to let you southren folks know that is snowing in Alberta today.

The branches of the trees are bent over and my apple blossoms are all curled up.

The leaves on the trees have only just leafed out and now this.

We have had an extra long winter beginning with a huge dump of snow in September.

Crazy weather,we could use a little of that global warming today. Hope your day is warmer than mine. Love Denamay
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Do you sell any of your paintings on-line? I would love to get a copy of the one in your bio. It's gorgeous!

How far north in Alberta are you?

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

It's the middle of May for goodness sake.

Hope you get some sunshine soon.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the South just like Little Bluestem...Southern Minnesota.

Well, it's south of Canada.

This teaches us that everything is relative.
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Thanks for the nice words! No, I don't sell over the net. Too much trouble re. shipping with frames, glass,ect.

It is still snowing today, they say tomorrow SHOULD be better.

Just like the pain and tiredness maybe tomorrow will be better. Love to all
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Denamay,

I guess I shouldn't be to surprised considering your location in Alberta. However, here we are trying to go into summer and you are having snow. What is the "normal" or should I say usual temp for this time of year?

I hope your weather has gotten a little bit beter by now. I'll be that your plants, trees etc. are very confused. How not to many of them will die (the tender plants and vegetation anyway.

It was bad enough one year when we lived in NY when it snowed on Easter sunday when our kids were little,... We were all at my moms for dinner and all were in our Easter finery and it started a good snow storm. We had to carry all the kids into the car to get home. No chance of that now as we ilve in Tx!!!

Snow is lovely but it is to cold and my body cannot take that any more.

Blessings and warm hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 05/26/2007]