Snowygirl inspired me to put Picture in Profile also...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by orachel, Sep 15, 2005.

1. orachel

orachel New Member

Taken abt 2 years ago on our wedding day (me and DH Joseph). Wonderful day, but I sure wish I still looked that Happy and Glow-y! This was about 1 and half years before I got sick. But hey, we all need something to shoot for, right? Oh, and anyone notice Joseph's "super droopy" bow tie? We got married in Mexico, and apparently this is the style there, because when Joe sent his tux to be pressed, this is how the bowtie arrived! 1/2 hour before our wedding! Oh well...kinda makes for a funny memory.

I'll try to get a new pic here as well, but might require my husband chasing me down with a camera and sitting on me to take it. I'm kinda photoshy these days!

Hugs to all,
    Rachel
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

like something in a magazine, what a beautiful photo.

Cheered me up.

Rosie
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I agree with roisebud...looks like something out of a magazine....Thats how Beautiful you both Look...

Thanks for Sharing...
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

...for the compliments! You both just made my day!!!
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Thanks for posting it. I imagined you were very pretty because you are so nice. Usually when you meet someone you've only communicated with by mail or email, they look totally different from what you expect, but you look just like you sound, well, write!

I have a 100 yo money pit house, too. This is the last time I'll fall for the word "charmer" in the real estate listing! It's a cute house, but FUNKY! The dog can throw her own ball because all the floors run downhill. I mainly focused on the garden because I couldn't afford the rest. Now I try to ignore the weeds and be grateful for the flowers that were hardy enough to survive two years of neglect. I recommend day lilies and cannas.

Anyway, thanks for the picture! Did you get married in Puerto Vallarta?

Francie
  6. goldenrod

goldenrod New Member

I must say you are a beautiful woman!
    Mark
  7. orachel

orachel New Member

I have to remember to print and refer to when feeling like a frumpy useless sicky! But I really try not to feel like that too often. Ya'll certainly help me keep up my good spirits.

Rachel
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

And thanks for being so nice, btw! We got married in Riviera Maya (right outside Cancun). We had a huge 200+ guest shebang planned in an amazing 2 story greenhouse at a botanical gardens in Columbus, but I'd just moved, had no family or friends in area, and got ROYALLY fed up with doing whole planning thing alone (even though planning weddings is one of my favorite things..just not my own!)and scrapped whole thing six months before and ended up going to Mexico with our bridal party and 17 of our closest relatives and friends. We went kinda unique...had a very formal black tie wedding (with a 50's flair) in a gazebo overlooking the sea...very cool.

And yes, my house is moneypit from hell. I love every cracked stained glass window and scratched hardwood floor, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to afford or have the energy for some stuff I had planned w/ being sick. My living room is half painted! Started before I got sick, and havent been able to finish. Aaah, well. I've always kinda been into shabby chic look a little bit...I guess now I've got it "au natural"....

And flower choices you listed are some of the ones exploding the most!lol...The former owner's "overplanted", so now we've got flowers on top of bushes, mixedin with groundcover and of course...weeds. Beeeaaautiful. Such is life, I suppose.

Gotta laugh, right?
    Rachel
  9. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

I just read your bio - you seem like a really awesome person in addition to being gorgeous!
  10. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Rachel:

Beautiful picture. I see you are a Cancer, so am I.

I was going through a stressful time in my life when this all started 3 years ago. Up until then I was a going concern.

I've been on hormonal, immune support and meds and starting to feel a little better. The pain is still there but I have more energy. I'm determined to come up with a plan that works for me and I know how you feel when you say your open to suggestions. Everyone on this board has been so helpful.

So you are living in a 100 yr. old heritage home. Yes they can be money pits but have so much character. We've renovated many homes and just sold one.

Nice to meet you and talk away!!

Cindy
  11. orachel

orachel New Member

Love my old mess of a house, but upset that I can't keep up with maintanence (heck...I can't even keep up with laundry!). But I've always had a passion for old historic homes....Husband tried to get me to look at a new home in a nice houseing development....I flipped out! Will be sorry if I can't keep my house for $ or energy reasons, but will enjoy it for as long as I can.

Thanks naturebaby! Thats' a really sweet thing to say. I'm a blabbermouth, but I try to stay upbeat (at least on paper!)....I've had some REALLY rough times last few weeks, which was when I found you guys, so that was good. Plus,as for the upbeat attitude, I've been in sales for years...

Best advice I ever got..."FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT"..ie: if you want to be a more postitive person, act like you already are, and before you know it, it's habit....really works, too!
  12. Meekah

Meekah New Member

Wow Rachel! How beautiful! It truly is one of the prettiest wedding pictures I've ever seen!

I was reading your bio and I too am with my hgh school sweetheart. We've been best friends all our lives. (our mom's were best friends, but my mom passed away 16 yrs ago) We are born one day apart. We have a picture of us together in the same chair when were 4 months old!!!

After high school I went to another province for a teaching job and ended up meeting a guy and getting married. Five yrs later we seperated and I came back to Nova Scotia with our 18 month old little boy.

Anyway...to make a long story short, we are now together again after being apart for ten yrs. and we have a 4 yr old daughter and he's the best step-dad to my son!

Funny how life "works out" eh?

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  13. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

what a beautiful picture rachel. Your a lovely girls. Your hubby not so bad either. LOL I have my picture posted too. It was taken about 5 months ago.
    poodlemum
  14. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

You are both beautiful people and so lucky to have found each other again. My belated congratulations.

I am so sorry to see that FMS, possibly TMJ and I forgot that other, have come into your life. Maybe as young as you are, something now unheard of will come to the front as help - maybe even a healer!!!

Good luck to you both and gentle hugs~~~~~
  15. orachel

orachel New Member

I'm getting all gushy over here! I seriously don't think our families or friends were that complimentary about our wedding pics as all of you have been. Makes me feel just great! Will have to get another pic on here without me looking so "glammed" up...it was my wedding day, after all. And No...those are not MY eyelashes. Fakies, all the way!

And yeah, baby....I can DEFINITELY do frumpy! LOL

Id shout out to each of you and thanks personally, but my I'm starting to crash here in a big way, and the hands are going...

But will talk to each and every one of you soon, I hope!

Rachel
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  16. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

What a beautiful photo! It belongs in a photographer's window to advertize his work.

Maree
  17. chipnchia

chipnchia New Member

Hi there Rachel!

Your picture (and you) are absolutely gorgeous. I had to comment because I live in the Toledo area also. And my birthday is the day before yours. However, the years are . . . slightly different. :)

Thanks for posting it . . it's nice to have a visual of who you're 'talking' to!

Chipnchia (Karen)
  18. JLH

JLH New Member

Oh, my, how beautiful!!!! You are such a lovely person--and your hubby is too!!

Your skin looks like porcelain--so smooth and soft. You would be an excellent model for skin care products!!!!

Did you mention that you were planning your wedding in Columbus? That is where my middle daughter is doing her residency (last year) - at Doctor's Hospital. I went with her to Toledo where she interviewed with some big hospital (can't remember the name) there to do her internship--but decided on Columbus.

I'm also a big talker! That's my favorite activity!!

Take care,
    Janet
  19. nina2

nina2 New Member

You look like a model! And you both look so happy. Great pic.
    nina
  20. That could definately be a magazine photo, you are definately gorgeous!