Snubbed by co workers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Yesterday while I was sitting back here at my desk one of the other two gals that work here hollared down the hall "We're gonna leave K here all by herself!" I said where ya going? She said they were going to hit the lottory.

They went together and bought a raffle ticket for the Washington State Raffle drawing tomorrow.

I feel really left out and snubbed. I feel like they are friends and I only work here. I've been here three years and have tried to fit in but I guess I haven't done it.

This really hurt my feelings and I will just have to keep quiet cuz I don't think I can play nice right now!

Thanks for listening.

2. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Don't keep quiet. Cut one of them from the herd. Has there been one that seemed friendlier than the other? Could you ask one if they would like to go to lunch? Let them know you are interested in a small way. Or go big and tell them that you'd like to break into their circle but you don't know how and it has been hard for you. Or stay silent.

At 43 I worked at a company that had 3 teenagers and one other 30 year old who thought she was. I know what left out feels like.

I hope that someone has some good advice for you. Godbless

PS: I just remember someone saying to treat yourself well. One of the things was to send yourself flowers to the office. If people ask who there from you just say "Someone who thinks I'm special". A couple of times of that and maybe they will be interested enough to let get to know youl
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Awww,,Sorry to hear this! some people are so insensetive!,,,,,i like the idea of sending yourself flowers to the office,,,,,,,Hey We're hear for you all the time!,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,Sis
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I'm doing the flowers thing today! After all, I deserve them!

I also stopped and bought a ticket on the raffle drawing. It's tonight. Wish me luck! If I win I can get a computer at home and I won't have to come here anymore. You know I only come so I can use the computer! Ok, and to do all this darned work!!

Good thing I like my boss and the work I do!

Hugzz and thanks for the support!

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I would have hollered back "Are you wanting me to join in with that gals?"

Are they your age or younger?

We once went to a political gathering hoping we may discover some kindred spirits and not one person spoke to us, or played with our son,it was a family picnic deal. We asked if we could sit at spaces at one table and they did not answer then moved when we did. We tried to make small talk, nada, we left early for sure. Feels awful.

I once went to a church I did not know and it was pretty crowded. I saw a pew with just a few people on and sat there. Within minutes they got up and literally crowded onto the pew opposite, I mean they were squashed. So every pew seat was taken in the whole church I had a whole pew to myself...I was so upset I got up and left.

Taught us to register Independent if nothing else!!!

Love Annie
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

One is in her early 30's the other in her early 60's. I should fit in cuz I'm in my early 50's!

I did send myself flowers today! They are beautiful. I told the florist I wanted something uplifting and it has three huge lilies, three colors of carnations and purple stalks and what look like small purple daisys. Really pretty and very uplifing! The card says "Don't let them get you down!"

J asked if it was my birthday, no, anniversary, no, oh, well someone loves you. Yes, yes they do!

It does feel awful when you go somewhere with expectations and others treat you like you don't exist. I'm actually very good at talking to strangers and making myself open when I go somewhere and when I get rebuffed it really hurts. I've tried to be one of the girls here but it just hasn't worked.

Thanks again for all your support!