So Angry When Dog Was Going To Be Left Behind

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I am a dog and animal lover. A man in New Orleans refused to be airlifted when they wouldnt take his little dog.

He stayed with his dog for five days so I hope now he didnt have to leave his pet behind.

It must be terrible for anyone to have to leave their animals and I'm sure people did stay because they wouldnt leave their pets behind.

That is a terrible decision for anyone to have to do.

Mary

2. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Mary:

I hate it when I hear stories like that, it is not right. People are put into a terrible dilema, leave my pet and go away no knowing what will happen to him or stay with my pet and maybe I will die. There is something very wrong with our society that disregards these furbabies as if they were a lost shoe.

I saw another case of a family who could not take their little puppy on the bus and they had to give it to a news reporter that was there. It was so cute and looked so sad that I wanted to call and have them send him to me.

The ASPCA is doing all it can to help, but this practice of not allowing pets on buses, choppers, in shelters has to stop!!!

God Bless you for caring.

Hugs,
    Francey

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2005]
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

I just got done watching a rescue and two people on there roof AND their dog was saved in a basket that air lifted them to the helicopter by the national guard. I saw the whole thing. The national guard came down on the roof first and helped each one get in the basket one at a time.

4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I saw these two cases and my heart soared! I hope they are finally getting it, some people love their pets as if they were part of their family and you don't leave family behind!

Francey
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2005]
  5. sofy

sofy New Member

their is the reality of it all. All the rescue stations were unsanitary already. There wasnt and isnt room for all the people and its the responsibility of those rescurers to make hard decisions.

I would have probably done what that man did but when you are responsible you have to make decisions with your head not your heart. There simply was no place for them to take that man and his dog. Ugly but true
  6. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I have two toy poodles and I wouldnt be going any where with out them. When I was very ill 2 1/2 years ago with cancer it was those dogs that lay on my lap day in and day out with out a complaint . I couldnt imagine having gone thru that difficult time with out them.
    poodlemum
  7. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

I totally agree. No matter what, I would never leave my boston terrier behind. She is as important as family members to me. I also just watched the roof top rescue where they also took the dog on the helicopter. Way to go!

Connie
  8. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

I just love them! My mom loved my first one so much she wouldn't let me take him when I grew up and moved out. So, I had to get one of my own.

My daughter named him Pooky and he sleeps with her every night.

As heartbreaking as it would be - I'd have to choose what's best for my daughter over saving the dog. As much as it would've killed me I would've done the 'humane thing' before I ever let him take his chances of drowning in 18 ft deep water.

Please don't think I'm cold hearted here. I do know that for some people their pets are their children. People do have the right to make their own decisions and if they will not leave without their 4 legged loved ones then that is a decision they'll have to be live or die with.

This entire situation breaks my heart and I pray for these people.