So are there any FMS/CFIDS Singles Groups????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, May 27, 2006.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

Since I have fms and am now single again, are there any singles groups out there for us fibrofoggers? I think it would be a great idea. We could have someone who REALLY understands and hook up at the same time :) just curious. Lemme know...
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

but if there was, would they have the energy to date? LOL!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. I know that if I was single I wouldn't have the energy to date. Hugs, Tam
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I think it's a wonderful idea. Even if some can't or just don't have the energy to date, just having that "special" person to converse with either thru email or phone would be great; at least that's my opinion as a single person.

I am anxious to see the responses here. But....don't get me wrong, "everyone" here is and has been "special" to me but you know what I mean, lol!

Very good idea, nice2meetu,

BlueSky555
  4. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

So I will probably need to bump this up on Monday. People aren't on as much on Saturday as weekdays.

I know what you mean about too tired LOL...

Today I am too tired to clean! Oh yeah, I guess thats not just the FMS is it????
  5. fireopal

fireopal New Member

Yes, it's Saturday nite, and I'm sitting home alone as usual (I'm a widow of 4+ years). I would love to hear of any FM singles group. It's so difficult to meet anyone when you don't get out much and don't know if anyone could put up with all we go thru and the care we might need, say nothing about our restrictions as far as what a 'date' could be. But I sure would like to have someone of the opposite sex just to talk with or go out for a short lunch with or take to family gatherings, so I wouldn't be the only one alone. I've never done a search on singles groups on the internet, but I'll watch to see if anyone has heard of one. Great idea!

Fireopal
  6. painandagony

painandagony New Member

great idea..i think there should be one. When I was single I was always thinking i'd love to meet another fellow cfs - er.
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

It really is hard to meet people.

I'm not sure how two people with the same illness would workout. With the amount of bad days I have, then factoring in someone elses bad days, we'd never get out :):):)

Not a bad idea though.

scapper
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

bump, bump
  9. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I ran across one group on Yahoo and you have to write an email to the moderator to join. I may check that one out. Or maybe I will try and start my own. Hope you all have a great day!
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

Sounds like a great idea to me ! it's so difficult to meet people who are willing to put up with someone who has an illness!......................................................let us know if you start a group!! sisland
  11. findmind

findmind New Member

Don't know of any FM/CFS singles group, but I think one could start one easily at yahoogroups!

Only problem is, becuz of nature of these dds hitting women 8 to 1, how would you get enough men in the group?

LOL, I can see all the gals fighting over the guys :)

As for 2 having the same illness, that can work: my Sig. Other and I both have FM and CFS. We each do the things we are best at...one the yard and vac and floors, the other the cooking and laundry.

Neither tells the other when to do "their" jobs...we each do as we can. If one disappears to rest, no problem, its understood.

Actually, I think we're lucky...as no one understands what we go thru unless they have it too.

Good luck, all you singles...maybe you'll get a group that can go for lunch or dinner occasionally, or even out dancing once a year!!!

Best to you all,
    findmind
  12. findmind

findmind New Member

Honora rocks!!!!!

See, around here, all anyone has to do is ask!!!!

Amazing

Love ya all...
    findmind