so depressed, in pain...i don't want this anymore.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Feb 24, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

i'm just really upset today.
    i've been aching all over for the past two weeks now.
    my knees always hurt to the point i don't want to walk anywhere.
    and when i get out it feels like they're going to collapse.

my rheumatologist said that the cymbalta should start to help...
    i'm just tired of feeling like this all the time.

i can't see one of my best friends anymore,
    because she lives two hours away,
    and by the time i get there, i'm already exhausted.
    then i get real sick the next day.

it's gotten better, but i still can't really believe that i have FM. i'm only sixteen and i want to have a normal life.

please tell me that i'll probably come out of this soon...
    i don't want to live the rest of my life in pain.
    especially my teenage years.

FM is ruining everything. =[.
  2. Toga

Toga Member

I feel just like you only I'm 60, not 16. I am on Cymbalta and it has helped. You have to give it a while

Where do you live? Is it cold? I find cold weather makes me hurt more. Wrap up really well if you have to go out in the cold.

Do not neglect your studies. Plan for your future. Do not give up. More research is being done and there will be help for you. So be ready to do all the wonderful things you'll be able to do as an adult when this research finds the solution we are all looking for.

God bless you,
    Toga
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I do believe it will get better for you. I so empathize and wish I could take it away from you. I feel that way too, but have just started treating this DD - as you have. We have to give it time and keep learning. We will learn how to manage this and live better.

It's very hard at your age as all your friends are so energetic. I started my sx at 17 and I remember wondering why I couldn't keep up. I know I was very lonely my senior year in HS because I slept so much while my friends were hanging out. It won't be this way forever.

You are so fortunate to have your diagnosis this early. you can make changes now that will improve your future so much. I wish I had known what I was fighting all those years. You have so much potential to enjoy the years to come because you are addressing things now.

Keep this in mind. A quote I keep in the back of my mind, "The best revenge is a well-lived life." You will find ways to make your life beautiful. I believe that fully and I am here in it with you.

Take heart,

Sofi
  4. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

(((Huggs))) Little one..

It's so hard for us "adults" (I'm 36) to accept our limitations.. You shouldn't have to deal with this during what should be some of the best years of your life.

My heart aches for you.

There are good days there are bad days and there are worse days. Keep hoping for the good and enjoy one when you get it.

It takes months and months of trial and error to find the right "cocktail" of meds that will work well for you. I hope you have a doctor that you can develop a long term relationship with, one that can help you and guide you in finding the right mix for you.

I sincerely wish you well..

Sharon
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It isn't always like this hon....it's possible that you're in a flare and you'll need to learn how to respect your body and it's new limitations.

BUT.....you'll have many, many good years too when you'll hardly notice anything's wrong.

It's just a balancing act right now with all you have to deal with.

Do your parents know you're depressed? Are they helpful and understanding?

Don't be afraid to let someone know you're feeling like this. This is a difficult dd and we all understand here, but try to find and surround yourself with understanding people in your life.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hate so badly to see you so down! But, like Brooksiemom said....you could be in a bad flare...and it will get better for you.

I just can't see how at your age you wouldn't come out of it... for at least awhile at a time!

You have age on your side sweetie....HANG in THERE!!!

7. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

it will only get better. you're young, better treatments will be available, and you'll feel better!! keep your head above water! I know a bunch of people who came out of it completely! i, myself feel around 75% better.
  8. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

You can get through this...you CAN. Keep telling yourself that. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger. It is not easy, and there are days when you just want to scream because you just get so sick of the pain. I was 23 when I was diagnosed. I spent many days like you do.

There are many things you will find that will make you more comfortable. Try resting when you need to, a heating pad, tiger balm works very well for me, I found an excellent pillow that keeps me comfortable at night, etc. There are a lot of people on this board that have great advice and great ideas and tips. I did much, much better after I found this board. I found I was not alone and it gave me strength and courage.

Let me give you one piece of advice: I don't know if you have a caring, understanding doctor or not---But if at any time you feel that yours is not understanding, not listening, and not willing to work with you and help you get some relief, don't tolerate it! Find a doctor who is going to help, not hinder you.

Hang in there, sweetie. It's going to be okay. :)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/24/2006]
  9. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

thank you guys so much =]
    this board is so supportful...
    and it really helps with the helpless feeling
    that kindof comes along with the FM.

i'm glad to know that there are
    periods of time when i'll feel alot better.

thank you again =]