So Discouraged - in Indiana

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poisonberry23, Oct 9, 2008.

1. poisonberry23

poisonberry23 Member

After being diagnosed with CFS years ago (and it STILL rules my life) I once again find myself without a doctor and with few prospects for finding one.

Still looking --
    Indianapolis, IN

[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2008]
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. 5hei1a

5hei1a New Member

I'm new to this place too. Nice to run into you. I am from MS so can't help with the doc situation; but, I do agree that an urgent care facility might be a good place to start. We actually have really good doctors that work at ours here too.

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time just trying to find a doc and get your meds. My GP barely even acknowledges FM and will not even give me pain meds. he prescribed Lyrica and Lexapro and another anti-depressant that helps with sleep. I can't take the Lyrica. So....I just mostly suffer with the pain.

I wish you much luck in your pursuit of a decent doctor.

Soft hugs,
  3. andreake

andreake New Member

Drs are a little bit better about prescribing it since it isn't a narcotic. And it helps my pain way better than any narcotic including morphine.

I do know the desperation of not being able to get pain meds though. I ended up in the emergency room and the psych ward because of it!