So dizzy I feel drunk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgeewiz, Dec 9, 2011.

1. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Most days I am so dizzy that it is probably worse than being drunk. (I haven't had any alcohol in 20 years.)

It is generally so severe that it keeps me from reading or driving.

I guess if a police officer pulled me over while I was dizzy, I could say - hey, I am driving with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I am sure that would get a laugh.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

2. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Thank you all for your replies.

I esp. like the DWCFS comment, GB66. I can see myself going to court trying the explain DWCFS and the judge saying, "Gosh, I am like that too. But I push myself and I am no longer tired and dizzy." LOL.

I think eventually my Stage 2/3 kidney disease will progress and I will have a "REAL" disease, according to the medical profession. (Notice REAL in quotation marks). I am going back to the nephrologist next week.

Thanks again for your responses.

3. simpsons

simpsons Member

many things can cause dizzy spells so always good to check with dr first

however pots can cause these symptoms

you can get a blood pressure monitor and check how much your blood pressure falls upon standing and stand as long as you can. then recheck and see how it falls after say five mins if you can stand that long

you prob drink plenty of fluids already but thats one way to help pots symptoms. you could add salt to your diet if your blood pressure was low and if your dr agreed it was safe for you to do so.

a good researcher on pots to check out is julia newton

hope this helps

ps pwme do also produce alchol in their systems
    [This Message was Edited on 12/13/2011]
  4. rocky76

rocky76 Member

....Lithium for one will cause your body to produce to much ammonia your liver and makes you act and walk just like your plastered...

....Have the ammonia levels checked.....
  5. simpsons

simpsons Member

forgot to reply happy holidays to you too :)

hope dr can help you with your symptoms

blood sugar levels can be a cause

let us know how you get on and what you find out

6. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Hello, have you been checked for ear problems, like labyrinthitis / Ménière's disease? I have labyrinthitis at the moment, which usually last for 3-4 months but once you've had it once, it can come back frequently and some people (especially those who get a lot of respiratory infections) find that the symptoms never fully go away.

There are a whole host of similar inner ear conditions (usually triggered by a virus/respiratory infection) which last for varying degrees of time. They are mostly very long-lasting conditions but there are different treatments you can try depending on which condition you have, so it's worth checking in case you could get relief. I feel like I'm on a boat a lot of the time, just rocking gently and sometimes I feel like I'm drunk. Not a great symptom!

Alternatively neck or jaw tension can throw you off-balance.