So. Florida SSDI approvals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OWWEE, Jul 21, 2008.

1. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

I have been seeing more and more approvals here on this board for our "constellation" of diseases. Seems like they are from all over the country and I have not seen anyone from so Florida posting on an approval. So is there anyone in South Florida (Miami, Broward, Keys) who has been approved lately. I am expecting to have ALJ hearing probably within the next 4-6 months. Wanted to see how others in this are faring, etc.

Thanks, Cathi
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I live in South Florida and waiting on the SSDI too. I applied and denied 2x...now i am waiting for the appeal court date. Allsup is helping me. I bet it is slower here in Florida.

It will be interesting to hear from others

jmq
  3. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

and it took me 9 months last year

Cindy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It took three years because of a shortage of judges.

Love, Mikie
  5. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

bumping for that So. Florida occasional drop-in.
  6. OWWEE

OWWEE New Member

bumping again for that occasional So. Florida drop-in.
  7. jlcowgirl07

jlcowgirl07 New Member

I am in SW Florida Ft. Myers area. I started my ssdi process in Iowa when I lost my job in January of 2006. I have been denied twice and waiting for a AJL hearing also. I also wanted to know if anyone knows of a support group in my area. I am struggling to find one and will try and start one if there isn't any. Any advice will be appreciated.
  8. GranmaBB

GranmaBB New Member

It took me a year from the time I applied.
    Denied 3 times.
    I used a West Palm Beach lawyer and was supposed to go to ALJ, but I started sending in every bit of information about Dr's appointments, medications, any little changes.
    Just before the hearing they granted the SSDI and said I would have gotten a lot more back money had I applied earlier!

I have FM and severe osteoarthritis everywhere from my head to my feet.
    ...Bobbi
  9. jmq

jmq New Member

sigh....its been a year now....still waiting for the hearing....

jmq
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

I believe states are put together in regions... if I remember right.

Anyway, this lawyer said things are very bad, at least for Georgia, not sure if other 7 states in region work the same way even if they are in the same region... at least Atlanta's the worst.

I'll try to find the article he told me about.

Also here's a link to some articles:

http://groups.msn.com/SocialSecurityDisabilityCoalition/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=25581&LastModified=4675684861031745122

and from SS:

Office of Disability Adjudication & Review, Atlanta Region 4
    (ODAR Region 4): Atlanta

Servicing States:
    Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Tennessee

The Office of Disability Adjudication and Review (ODAR) Atlanta Region services residents in the eight Southeastern states. You can reach the Atlanta Regional Office at the address below.
    SSA, Office of Disability Adjudication and Review
    Atlanta Federal Center, Suite 20T10
    61 Forsyth Street, S.W.
    Atlanta, Georgia 30303

Telephone: (404) 562-1182 Fax: (404) 562-1152

Each request for a hearing is processed by one of our 31 hearing offices. The address, location, phone number, and hours of operation for each of our 31 offices are listed below.
    Region 4 Hearing Offices, (located in):
    ATLANTA, GA
    ATLANTA NORTH, GA
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    CHARLESTON, SC
    CHARLOTTE, NC
    CHATTANOOGA, TN
    COLUMBIA, SC
    FLORENCE, AL
    FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
    GREENSBORO, NC
    GREENVILLE, SC
    HATTIESBURG, MS
    JACKSON, MS
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
    KINGSPORT, TN
    KNOXVILLE, TN

you can go to
    http://www.ssa.gov/appeals/r4/atlanta.html
    for live links to those offices...

LEXINGTON, KY
    LOUISVILLE, KY
    MACON, GA
    MEMPHIS, TN
    MIAMI, FL
    MIDDLESBORO, KY
    MOBILE, AL
    MONTGOMERY, AL
    NASHVILLE, TN
    ORLANDO, FL
    PADUCAH, KY
    RALEIGH, NC
    SAVANNAH, GA
    TAMPA, FL
    TUPELO, MS

11. hensue

hensue New Member

Just applied with allsup. They said ga had a backlog. this is not encouraging. This is federal right? how does it work. i know my credits and all that they say i am eligible.
    we will see. how does the process work is from our local ss office here. Or is this federal or state. Perdue is making cuts in mental patients. All states especially florida and georgia have been making cuts. Does it come from state or local. i dont understand.
    thanks
    hensue