SO frustrated with MetLife

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FoggyDayz, Jun 22, 2006.

1. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

I have now cried my eyes out and gotten that part out of my system - I guess it's time to get methodical and figure out what to do.

They have denied me AGAIN and act like I am crazy - I AM NOT CRAZY!!! Three doctors have now said I have fibromyalgia, I have also been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, orthostatic hypotension, restless leg, and they are now looking into Adult ADD. MetLife reviews all this and keeps coming to the conclusion that I am fine and should be able to return to work. Let's see, I have cognitive difficulties, tingling/numbness on my entire right side, and can't drive because my brain can't focus on the road. Sure, I can go back to work... maybe I can kill myself and person or two as try I drive there... if I do get there - OH WAIT, I forgot, I was terminated.

Pardon the sarcasm, I am just so upset and frustrated. I will appeal this denial, just like I have the previous ones and move on. I am just getting so F***ing tired of the battles and proving that depite all the tests that say I am relatively normal, I certainly am not the highly functional person I was - no matter how much I want to be.

Thank you for letting me vent, I needed to do it somewhere and this seemed like the most understanding and compassionate place. You guys really are wonderful and always a wealth of information!

FoggyDayz
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

RATS!! Makes me not want to bend over to pet Snoopy anymore! I wouldn't be affraid to take them to Court
    as a Jury I'm sure would be sympathetic to your situation.
    I wouldn't be intimidated by their attorney's as a Judge and Jury are the final voice. You can pursue it yourself thru State Superior Court without an Attorney!! Legal aid is also available as a source of leal derection.

If you feel you can tolerate the emotional and physical demands, I'd pursue the possibility. Metlife may decide to negotiate rather than take this before a Jury!!

Please keep us posted and best of luck,
    MRDAD SEE: www.courtinfo.ca.gov
    I'm hoping you are in California!!
    But other States would most likely
    Have similar web sites

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2006]