So glad I joined you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tazzycat, Sep 17, 2003.

1. tazzycat

tazzycat New Member

I am so glad I joined you. This problem makes one feel so isolated from others understanding. I have a supportive group of personal friends and family: however, I do not for one moment feel that they really understand how i feel. It is all too strange isn't it? Well, we as a group do understand each other cause we are all in the same boat - glad to be here. love to all
  2. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

I think you are right, Tazzy, in believing that we understand each other because we are all in the same boat. I've often wished some people could have the amount of pain and discomfort one experiences with the problems mentioned here for just one day. Then, maybe they would have a clue!
  3. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

Wellcome Taz,,
    Taz Is My Nick Name!!!!!!!
    Glad You'r Hear!!
    You'r so Right , Noone Really Know's Or understand's Us
    Except Us, As The First post You Got { She said , If they Could Just go throw What We do For One Day,,,,,
    "Although I wouldn't Want Anyone to Go throw This,,,
    THE MEDICAL FIEALD} For 6-7 Hr's Could Go throw -r- worst
    Flare Up's ,Then They'd Start finding the Cure<<
    I Mean Theas One Who Flat out Tell us "THEY DO Not Beleave That This DD is Real{period} ""Please It Dosen't Take A Rockit sientist to Know It's Real When, People All Over The Glob, Have The Same Symtom's, And As Many Of Us , Had Never Herd Of This DD<<
    Sorry If I Got Cared Away!!!!
    Needed to Vent I Gess, You'r Part of A Great Family Hear
    Sorry For any Misspelled Word's ,
    Love Cindy G.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

When it comes to FM/CFS, it really does 'take one to know one!'.

We understand one another because we FEEL your pain, fatigue, sleeplessness, IBS, headaches, etc.....

My family is supportive, but my husband will be the first to tell you, 'I do not understand all that pain you have'. But he does not deny that I have it, and he is truly my biggest helper and supporter.

We were with my son yesterday, who I do not see often, but does realize that I am not well and accepts it. Well, we went to this restaurant, it had two flights of stairs to get to it (its over water).

I was dressed, as I went to a wake, so I had on 3" heels and the stairs and the decking we were walking on had gaps between the boards. They each got on either side of me to be sure I did not stumble or get my heel caught in the gaps.

Neither one would have told me 'why do you have to wear those stiletto heels??', they accept me as I am, and do what is necessary to see that I do not hurt myself! Yea, its vanity, but I love my high heels and do not feel dressed properly without them, my family knows this and will do whatever it takes to see that I am safe, and happy:).

It is a strange illness, and we have to learn to live with it, but not allow it to steal all of our pleasures away from us.

Shalom, Shirl

5. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

I'm glad you're here.

I, too, have a very supportive husband, but like has already been said, he can't truly understand. The closest he has gotten is when he had the "flu" really bad with fever, aches, pain, etc. We were at the dr. and he said, "now you understand a little of what your wife feels all the time". DH said, "I'd die, I couldn't live like this." Yeah, ya can! We do. Everyday. Keep coming back.

Gentle hugs,
    fibrotigger

[ advertisement ]