So glad this message board is here when i need to vent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gracepartaker, Aug 1, 2006.

1. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

I have been sick with a sore throat and ear ache for two weeks. I understand that it takes longer for my to heal because of my CFS but geez! I just needed to say that. and I'm so greatful because I know that everyone who reads this will understand. Thanks for being there and going through this DD together.
    Blessings Sally
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi Sally,

I'm so very sorry you have had a sore thoart and ear ache
    for two weeks now geez two days would have been long enough to suffer with that.

I really hope your sore thoart and ear ache gets better really soon. I'm sending you gentle hugs. Tammy
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I don't know about ear ache, but frequent and long enduring sore throats are commom with CFS. Also, sore glands.

I hope you feel better soon, but don't worrying too much if it continue to last awhile longer.

Best wishes

Barb
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi Sally!
    Wow,
    Two weeks is quite a long time for a sore throat and a ear ache! Did you go to a doctor yet? Warm salt water rinses sure make a sore throat feel better. I just hate ear aches, they can be so painful. You certainly have my sympathy dear.
    It sometimes helps so hold a warm towel or heat pad on the side of your head for your ear ache, because sometimes it will ache all the way down the side of your neck too. Make sure you get plenty of vitamin C too, that will make you feel better.

Lots of soft hugs,
    Kellyann
  5. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Sorry to hear that you are still sick. I find that it takes me longer to shake off infections that normal people would recover from in only a couple of days. Also, I get sick more frequently than normal, healthy people. My mom told me that even as a child I was constantly sick with a fever, every couple weeks in fact. The doctor would put me on an antibiotic and as soon as I'd stop it, I'd begin running a fever again.

Some things never change I guess. It's just sad when my 5-year old, who's immune system shouldn't be NEARLY as developed as mine, rarely get sick. And he's been in daycare and preschool, so he's been exposed to this stuff. I guess he takes after my husband with his super immune system, lol.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  6. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Sally, I hope you feel better soon. We all understand especially those with CFIDS. My glands have been swollen for a week now in this heat. When I get my sore throat I add tea tree oil to my mouthwash. It seems to clear it up pretty soon. Do you have strep?